I’ve decided I'm ready to purchase the 7D MK II as a second camera; paired with my 5D MK III. What I don't want to get stuck in as a pre-order and not receive it Oct 31st. There's so many vendors selling it and yes, they'll promise it to you to get the sale. Does it make sense to order from Canon direct, with free overnight shipping instead or wait and buy it at your local store? We only have Best Buy and I doubt if they sell the body alone. I know it's probably late in the game to preorder, what is the best way to have the 7D MK II in hand on Oct 31?
Find someone who just got his on Oct 31 and buy it off of him, I think. I truly doubt you will be able to get one by walking into a store or placing a preorder now.