I imagine 1Dx owners feel a little bitter about sort of being penalized for owning Canon's non-C flagship EOS. No?
No, good point, but No.
For myself Canon could take out the Video function on the 1Dx, reduce the price 1k, and I'll sell my current 2 1Dx bodies & buy 2 of these, if I want video I use a Video Camera, or better still, let my Son take the video.
what would make me even happier (and I'm Happy with what I have, but happier is better, No ??), would be jrista's wish list.
Personally, I hope it gets the following (this would be my wish list for the 1Ds X):
- 180nm sensor fab process, 60% Q.E.
- 46mp (8350x5567) or 54mp (9000x6000)
- 16-bit on-die parallel ADC (3e- flat read noise)
- 15+ stops DR
- ISO 52100
- 1D X meter and AF system
- 61pt AF unit
- 5fps frame rate (FF), 7fps (APS-H cropped), 9fps (APS-C cropped)
- Integrated intervalometer, 9999 max frame count, configurable inter-frame delay, configurable pre-start delay, manual mode or bulb mode support, bulb-ramping
- Price not to exceed $6,999
Which I feel could all be possible, except the last line, $6,999 ?? Possible ?? Yes, Probable ?? Don't think so, still, Canon will need to compete with the Nikon D4x due soon as well, so they'll need to keep the price competitive, but I see the 1Dxs being a premium over the 1Dx, maybe an 8k Camera Body.