« on: September 09, 2013, 06:46:40 PM »
I would like to see a 1.3x sensor in the new 7D, perhaps at 25MP, if only for improved high ISO performance compared to 1.6x. Or, if they can vastly improve 1.6x high ISO, even better.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Can I get it in an M mount please?
Yeah...perhaps the new 7D can be 1.3x crop with improved high-ISO performance...the 1D X being FF kills it for me as a sports cam (price too).
APS-H is dead.
I can see the price killing the 1D X as a sports cam, but not it being FF - the IQ of a 1D X image cropped to the 1DIV's FoV is as good or better than the 1DIV.
To me, the 6D wins on IQ and versatility...the 7D wins on AF and speed. Different strengths and weaknesses...can't really say one camera is completely "better" than the other, but if I had to choose one, it would be 6D every time. Covers 80% of my needs (but completely inadequate for the other 20%, which is why I have both cameras)
That's really my main point, and it's why I had both a 5DII and a 7D, and why I now have a 1D X to replace both.
ETA: Another thing...the IS is doing its job...it helps to make up for the slow 4-5.6 aperture when you can get away with handholding 1/15 sec...
Will be great to shoot landscape at f5.6 to f8 in the evening without tripod
Look forward to see some photos