« on: September 11, 2012, 02:44:46 PM »
This is my first post. I'm a long time reader and value the knowledge and expertise of the members.
I currently own a 50D and 7D. I am a serious hobbyiest. I primarily take photos of birds, wildlife, landscapes and the family. I do no do any wedding or serious portrait photography.
My current lenses are 10-22, 50, 100L, 24-105, 70-200 II, 28-300 and 100-400.
I've been waiting for the 7D2 because of by birding and wildlife photography and because I already own the 10-22 for the landscapes. We are going to Yellowstone this winter and doing an African safari this coming summer.
I've now been thinking that, if I keep the 7D rather then selling it, then a 5D3 may be the perefect compliment to the 7D.
My quesitons are (i) would you buy the 5D3 and keep the 7D or wait for a 7D2 and (ii) if I owned both the 5D3 and the 7D, should I keep the 10-22 for use on the 7D or sell the 10-22 and replace it with a 17-40 for use on the 5D3 (sorry, but I originally wrote 16-35 instead of 17-40)?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.