March 01, 2015, 10:22:42 AM

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - dpedro

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
That B and H kit with the 24-105 lens for 3749 is pretty good.  950 dollar lens for 200 bucks.  Keep it or sell it for over 800 an you have a damn decent deal.

I didn't catch where you said swap my f4 70-200 for the IS version.  I wish I sprung for the IS the first time around.

I really want the new 24-70 for my event photography and for that same reason (2.8) I wanted to upgrade the 70-200.  I will test out the 24-105 before I sell it for the 24-70.  I shoot families and kids and models, most of those I can do with the kit f4 lens and my 35L/85 1.8.  When I do school plays, high school reunions, military events and eventually, weddings, I am thinking I will wish I had the 24-70 and 70-200 2.8's.

Right now, on my T4i, I use my 17-55 2.8 and 35L. 

I could get this kit with 24-105 and when doing events, I guess I could use my T4i with the 17-55 with the primes on the 5d 3.  That would save me a few expensive lenses.


Dang, I need two use my visa gift card and my regualr card.  B and H only does a split payment over the phone and they are closed until Sunday.  I will probaby order this sucker on Sunday.  Not a bad deal sell the lens or keep the lens, it's a 900 dollar lens and it's only 200 bucks over the body price.  I still feel like a better deal will happen for the nate November holiday, but this is a pretty nice deal too.

I didn't even notice the B and H kit.  I don't need a bag, but the CF card and battery are cool.  I spent a few bucks on two aftermarket batteries for my T4i and they work perfectly.  I may get that kit, that's not a bad all purpose lens.  I can sell that and my 17-55 2.8 to buy the 24-70 2.8 ii.  I wonder if that lens will sell though.  Seems like a lot of those are flooding the market and might not move very fast.

WTH, they have the same kit listed 2x and they are listed for different prices.  one is 3900 and the other is 3749.00.  Not sure the difference.  Is one grey market???

yeah, I don't care what happens, I will own this damn camera by or on Black Friday.  I am trying to get a 24-70 and upgrade my 70-200 f4l to the 2.8 ii, so every penny helps.  Rebate, package deal, what ever they do for the holiday, I am getting it. 

Would you sell the f4l 70-200 to get the 2.8 ii or keep both for times you want to grap a lighter kit?  I am leaning toward keeping it.  I used my buddies 2.8 ii and that sucker felt like it wanted to tear the front of my old t4i clean off...LOL. 

After the dust settles, I should have the 5D3/T4i the 35L/85 1.8/24-70 2.8L/100 L Macro/70-200 F4L and 2.8L

Thanks, even the B and H salesman hinted that I may want to hold off a few weeks just to be safe.  Either way, I will have one well before Christmas.  The more I save on the sale, the faster I am getting my 24-70 2.8 ii and after that a 70-200 2.8 ii.  Probably done for a long while unless I upgrade my 85 for the L someday

I am willing to buy it now, but if B and H drops it by 700 - 750 right after Nov, I will pass the hell out. LOL

Keeping T4i for second body and 10-22.  Sold 17-55 2.8 today to order 24-70.  Might do a 6D later for second body.  Also might upgrade 70-200 for the 2.8 IS II later

EOS Bodies / Help me, 5D Mark iii order now or wait for a "possible deal"
« on: October 10, 2012, 04:45:16 PM »
I am seriously sitting here ready to pull the trigger and order my 5D Mark iii.  I have L glass and currently shoot with a T4i.  I do just fine with my camera and LR4, but know that the FF be a better choice, especially for my indoor event photography.  If I was ready to order this last month or the month before, i wouldn't be worried about anything, but this close to Nov, I have to wonder if I am going to be angry with myself for missing the next 2750.00 type sale.  Typically, do these sales begin early Nov or closer to black Friday/X-Mas?  If B and H only drops this camera by 100 or so, I won't care, but saving almost 800 bucks had I waited 2-3 weeks would def make me regretful.  I know it shows a 5D3 in my profile, but I had planned on having it by this week...LOL Everything else in my profile I own now. 

Lenses / Re: Upgrading and looking for lens advice.
« on: October 09, 2012, 11:53:48 PM »
So don't get 24-70 2.8?  You thinking 35L 85L 100 Macro and upgrade 70-200 to the IS 70-200.  Keeping it all prime?  If you have 35/85, do you get a 50 still?

Lenses / Re: Upgrading and looking for lens advice.
« on: October 09, 2012, 03:29:09 PM »
I like that plan on selling off my gear, except i want my wife to assist me sometimes and the T4i will be a nice camera to get her started on.  The Macro is a keeper too, I enjoy doing macro from time to time.  The rest I can do without.  Thanks again for the advice.  I will post again once I have made a few purchases and update you on how it worked out.

Lenses / Re: Upgrading and looking for lens advice.
« on: October 09, 2012, 03:26:44 PM »
Thanks for all the advice.  I am ready to buy the 5d iii today, but I wonder if a few weeks will make a price difference after seeing the beach camera price drop.  I am going to see what B and H has to say about it.  Beach camera and Adorama kill me because I live in NJ, therefore I pay state tax, B and H saves me hundreds on these orders because they are in NY and don't have to hit me with the tax.  So it's either B and H, or Amazon.  I trust B and H. 

I can get the 24-70 ii as well, If I wait until early Nov.  Could get it now, if I sell my EF-S 17-55 2.8 lens or my 580 ex-ii.  (I have 2 600's and my 580 sits in my bag at home.)  Waiting a few months for the 24-70 is probably smart anyway.  I want to ensure the first batch has all the bugs worked out.  Keeping the 10-22 for a bit means I can slow down on the 16-35L, not in a big hurry for that one anyway.

I may keep my crop for a while, but once I get a few weddings under my belt, I will probably give the T4i to the wife and grab the 5d ii for a second body, or a 6d. 

My favorite crop lenses were the 35 L and the 17-55 2.8, so I would assume the 24-70 ii on my FF would be the same focal range and perfect for my style.  The 35 will be a bit wider, but still an amazing lens, I will hang onto it. 

Damn, this profession is an expensive and addicting one eh? LOL

Lenses / Re: Upgrading and looking for lens advice.
« on: October 08, 2012, 08:55:27 PM »
Would you keep the 35l if you had the 16-35l?  I could use the 35 on the t4i as my portrait lens, but I fear I won't use t4i much after I get the FF LOL

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5