Of curse, resolution is good, but I also want to see a significant improvement in image quality. I would like to see the "Canon sensors are far behind "(fill in the blank manufacturers)complainers finally shut up already.
I'd like Canon to keep the 5D Mark IV in the 24-30MP range. If they produce a higher resolution camera, then it should be a separate camera line....3D.
My 5D Mark IV wish list:
* Dual Compact Flash card slots
* 8 fps in burst mode with a buffer that can handle at least 35 full resolution RAW files writing to both memory card slots.
* Improved ISO & Dynamic Range performance
* Improved autofocus system with wider coverage of autofocus points
* Red lighted autofocus points that are easy to see in the view finder in low light conditions in all autofocus modes
* A better metering system with metering tied to the selected autofocus points
* 1/400 sec flash synch speed
* The back of the camera should have backlit buttons that are easy to see in the dark, like the Nikon D4