« on: September 22, 2014, 10:07:21 AM »
Can you please give me some advice on what questions my sister should ask wedding photographers when considering who she should hire?
- Beforehand, she should decide what style she wants, e.g. portrait/glamour vs. photojournalistic
- Decide whether it's important to have high-quality prints or a large set of JPEGs. Some photographers do the old-school print-based business model, while others will hand you a DVD with hundreds of JPEGs, and then you print what you want. Make sure that's clear in the contract.
- Describe the venue and ask to see work examples in that kind of space. Some photographers bring a mobile studio lighting setup, others work better outdoors or use hotshoe-based lighting.
- Ask for references, preferably recent, and a year or two previous
- Ask to see more than their portfolio: ask to see at least one full set that was delivered for a wedding similar to what she has in mind