« on: June 27, 2013, 06:56:10 AM »
How much more technolgy should cameras have before they become "boring" because they do too much for you?
well, Canon can still go a VERY long ways from my current 7D until I would find more technology and capabilities "boring". Most of it is even invented already and would be dirt cheap to implement. :-)
* twice the resolution AND 3 stops better DR at all ISOs - especially at ISO 100 and up to 25600 [=Nikon D800]
* Hybrid AF with contrast and phase-AF on image sensor ... working 10x faster and more accurate, especially in tracking moving objects
* WIFI and GPS built in
* EX-RT radio wireless flash commander built in
* working Eye Control AF v2.0
* in-body IS working in tandem with IS lenses for a total effect of 5 or 6 stops stabilization
* invisible IR-laser AF illuminator built in
* fully functional and customizable Auto-ISO [Nikon D800]
* 2nd curtain sync for speedlights in wireless ETTL mode [Nikon]
* better batteries lasting 1000 shots ... between -10 and +40 degrees celsius
* mirrorless FF body the size of a pack of cigarettes [Sony RX-1] with lens mount and EVF
* "Retina"-EVF [350 dpi +]
* a series of tiny hi-IQ, fixed focal pancake lenses between 20/2.8 and 75/2.8 IS [like 40/2.8]
* EF-S or EF-M 50-150mm f/2.8 IS in black and half the size of a 70-200/2.8 II :-)
* Canon cameras without any video capability - "for stills only" at a significant price discount -25%
I could easily go on for 2 full pages ... without getting bored ... ever!
What kind of photography do you do that you need ALL these features...?