I think this is being reasonable:
- New sensor with improved low and high ISO (clean ISO 1600)!!
- Dual Digic 5
- Same build, maybe a little better weather seal
- Improved DR
- Maybe a few more AF points (all cross)
- Same screen (resolution & aspect ratio) as 5D3
- No flip-out screen
- Multiple micro adjust settings per lens (does 5D3 have this?)
- Price inside 2K US dollars
Would be nice but don't see it happening:
- Radio controlled flash
- User replaceable focusing screens
dual digic 5+
and remove the flash and replace it with GPS sensor, I mean this camera is geared at action and wildlife (not that it is not capable of doing other things)
also usb 3.0 or eithernet port
Hmm, the more I think about it I agree with you. Giving up the pop up flash makes the camera more rugged and sturdy and replacing it with GPS would be a great trade off. Just got back from HI taking some remote location shots with my little S100 and I really liked pulling up a map to see the exact point where I shot--very, very cool.
Good point on the USB 3.0, if anything could benefit from 3.0, its transferring all those large RAW images.