Currently I own only 1 prime:
100 Macro 2.8 L IS - obviously for macro work and I'll use it for tight portrait when I get a FF. I'm amazed at how sharp this lens is.
shopping list in order:
1. 24-105 f4 L - need to get this zoom first to compliment my 16-35 so I have a wider focal range
2. 35 1.4 L
- Excellent "normal" lens for my 7D. Plan to use it for portrait (full body, group). Besides, I need a fast low-light lens. However, I'm dragging my feet. This is an old lens (1998) which needs updated optics (soft edges wide open), plus weather sealing. I'm hoping this updated in 2012
3. 50 1.4 or 1.2 L
- need to do more research - for tighter portraits. This one is driving me nuts. Would like the 1.2 for build, speed, and bokeh but I can't ignore all the negative comments for such a high price.
4. Once I get a FF (5D3), I plan to get 85 f1.?
5. TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
- I love architectural photography