I've been intentionally paying way too much tax withholding through the year. Come February, I should get decent amount money back. So the big question is, should I get 1DX for ~$5k, or wait for 1DX2 for (maybe) $7k around late-summer (or early winter) (just guessing, no knowledge on price or release date).
I've been trying to read the speculations on the 1DX2 features, but nothing solid there. Will it have enough improvements to make it worth the extra money and wait?
Current 5D3 does great, so no immediate need to upgrade. There's big sports tournament in May, but I've already given hope of having 1DX2 by then.
That isn't the best way to save money to make a purchase. Put the money in a savings account and let it earn some interest, albeit a small amount. That's better than letting the Feds hang out to it and use it.
I think they pay small interest, no? Also, if I didn't save the money that way, I'm sure my wife would find a way to spend the money on something useless like jewelry, clothes and shoes. I'd much rather spend the money on camera gear and shoot her naked