« on: June 10, 2014, 11:04:10 AM »
With all of the flame wars of late, I think we should have one thread to battle it all out for ultimate CR forum superiority. There's only two rules - try to back up what you say with evidence or examples, and nothing so bad that you get the thread locked... I'll start things off:
1. Are 18 Megapixels enough?
2. Why do we need more than 12 stops of DR?
3. What ISO setting will we need to take pictures on a new moon night? Do we really need anything better than the 1D X / 6D?
4. When will mirrorless camera take over? Bonus: When will they pass the Turing test???
5. Assuming Sony, Nikon, or Fuji had the same lens selection as Canon, and money was no issue, would you switch? Why?
6. Is IS necessary on wide angle lenses? Do you even use IS on your lenses?
7. What's better, USM or STM?
8. Should DSLRs have video or is just a waste of R&D & money?
9. Is DxOMark THE authority on lens and sensor measurements?
2. Because some of us have the intelligence of a retarded banana and can't expose correctly.
3. 100 - on a Nikon D800. Then lift exposure by ten stops.
4. After Buttercup willingly marries Humperdinck.
5. What do you mean ? Money is no object !
6. Definitely, because I'm a shaky old git, especially when photographing wide bridesmaids getting dressed in a confined space.
7. USM because STM sounds like a sexually transmitted disease.
8. Definitely have it, or we would miss out on the 'oooh', 'arrr' moment when we first have the camera and try it - the once.
9. No ! ( Even if I was a closet DxO fan I would still say NO so people would know I wasn't crazy).
10. Why is there no 10 ? The Op clearly doesn't think in decimal.