October 31, 2014, 04:49:49 AM

Author Topic: What am I getting out of my upgrade?  (Read 8219 times)

jcns

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: What am I getting out of my upgrade?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 11:29:16 AM »
when searching for an answer, you should know the question first.
I think you should determine what it is that you are missing, lacking, wishing then look for the right camera.
It may not even be a new camera, it may be as simple as different technique; I am not implying you are lacking on skill.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 11:29:16 AM »

DarStone

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 04:42:24 PM »
Well if the question is what is the difference between the upgrades you're considering, I'd break it down like this I own both the 7D and 60D APS-C camera's as well as the 5D mkII, to be honest in terms of IQ they are pretty close,
For action(in your case kids playing) the 7D would be the best option this is a fast camera, it focuses better than either the 60D or 5D mkII oh and BTW the 60D is faster than the 5D.

For landscape and setup shots to be honest any of these cameras will blow you away, but the winner here of course would be the FullFramed 5D mkII or even a 5D mkI which are selling for about the same as the 60D.

Now if you want to be more creative with your camera the 60D is the ticket, the articulating screen really opens up the shot possibilities.

You already have some great glass so any of these camera's will give you more detail and IQ than your current XTI, but ultimately like anything you have to feel comfortable with the tool you are using so my suggestion would be to head to you local camrea store and try them out the 60D might surprise you it's a very well balanced camera, and gives you a cross between the other 2 don't let the lack of Micro Adjustment scare you, I've never had to use it with any of my lens,  by the way the  9 AF points on the 60D are all cross type with the center one being F2.8, so again a very accurate camera.

Hope this information helps and good luck, you really can't go wrong with either choice.

stealthscrape

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 10:15:31 AM »
Thank you all for your responses. I am very grateful for the input I have received from you all. Based off of all of your input, I feel like the 7D will be my best option here. I feel like the 5D is above and beyond anything that I need/want. The 60D seems to be lacking a few things that I want, namely the auto-focus system. Thank you again, and hopefully at some point in the future I can contribute some useful info to this site.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 10:15:31 AM »