September 01, 2014, 03:43:02 AM

Author Topic: Big Megapixel Talk [CR2]  (Read 16256 times)

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
Re: Big Megapixel Talk [CR2]
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 05:46:11 PM »
Has Canon really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like about the new sensors yet?

Well, I think Canon really has been far even as didn't decide not to use even go want not to do look still more like about the new sensor.
flickr | youtube | 5D2, 50 F/1.4, 24-105 F/4 L IS, 300 F/4 L IS, x1.4 II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 05:46:11 PM »

Etienne

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • Photography by Steve Brule
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 06:16:29 PM »
Has Canon really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like about the new sensors yet?

Well, I think Canon really has been far even as didn't decide not to use even go want not to do look still more like about the new sensor.

Heptagon, Marekjoz ,

Are you guys drinking buddies?   ;)

sagittariansrock

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 06:22:46 PM »

Heptagon, Marekjoz ,

ROFL, LMAO, fell off my chair, etc...

On a serious note- I know we all like a nice rumor and to imagine what we can get in the future- but are the 5DIII/1Dx/1DsIII so bad that the Canon shooters who need high megapixels are out of work until the 46MP comes out?
Also, it is amusing to see how much wrath the 6D incurs without even being available for use... :)
EOS 5DIII, EOS 5D | Rokinon 14mm f/2.8, TS-E 17mm f/4L, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 135mm f/2L USM, EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM, 1.4x III, 2x III | 600-EX-RT x3

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 06:23:46 PM »

Heptagon, Marekjoz ,

My answer was in fact directed to OP only, as I was sure that only he would understand it properly :D

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 06:26:24 PM »
(...)
Also, it is amusing to see how much wrath the 6D incurs without even being available for use... :)

Ken likes it.

heptagon

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 06:29:54 PM »

Well if they don't have it do, why are they stop making rumors and not release any worthwile information about what is to has been released yesterday by Nikon?

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 06:53:26 PM »

Well if they don't have it do, why are they stop making rumors and not release any worthwile information about what is to has been released yesterday by Nikon?

OK, seriously now...
I didn't see anything announced by Nikon yesterday but anyway - Canon is making money on selling products, not making rumors. No rumors are helping them to increase their sales. What they do in the information area are the announcements. Such announcements take place when:
1. There is an urgent need to react on the competition's success which could direct the customers' flow away
2. There is an expected end of life of the product AND the successor's specification is ready AND the expected delivery date may be evaluated
3. There is almost ready a complete new product/product line

Any other rumor or premature announcement may suppress the crowd from buying the current gear without the alternative product ready to be delivered.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 06:53:26 PM »

PackLight

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 07:06:06 PM »

Without a doubt, this is the most informative thread of the day.  :o

Harv

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • My SmugMug Web Location
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 07:21:07 PM »

Without a doubt, this is the most informative thread of the day.  :o

Certainly the most entertaining.   ::)
Looking at life through a 1D4 and a 5D3 plus lots of red rings.

julescar

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 07:46:46 PM »
Wow finally a thread that makes sense, and is entertaining  :)

timkbryant

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 10:45:56 PM »
Huh?

Bodies: 5D Mk III; 1000D
Lenses: EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF 70-200 f/2.8 L; EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS
Flash: 580 EX II

marekjoz

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • marekjoz @flickr
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 02:53:58 AM »
Huh?

"Has Canon really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like about the new sensors yet?" - I assumed that it means: "Has Canon really decided to use the old sensors instead of looking for the new ones?"

Write your clues.  Google translate won't help you :D

Anyway it's the better riddle than Canon's pricing policy :D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:55:50 AM by marekjoz »

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 03:45:27 AM »
"Has Canon really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like about the new sensors yet?" - I assumed that it means: "Has Canon really decided to use the old sensors instead of looking for the new ones?"

Considering the expected price tag of the 1ds imho the really interesting question for the rest of us is...

Will Canon new release new crop-cameras with really new sensor tech in 2013, or will they resort to the usual updates (70d=60d with touchscreen, af detect pixels & afma, 700d=650d with built-in cappuccino maker) and we'll have to wait much longer to see the new sensor tech of the 1ds trickle down to consumer grade bodies?

If they come up with an aps-c update with 1-2 usable iso steps more (like a 100% usable iso1600), this might obsolete the need for some folks to buy a ff - so it might not be in Canon's best interested, since they ignore the Nikon competition anyway. In the future ff will offer more mp, but currently it's just about iso noise.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 03:45:27 AM »

tg

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 05:03:39 AM »
On a serious note- I know we all like a nice rumor and to imagine what we can get in the future- but are the 5DIII/1Dx/1DsIII so bad that the Canon shooters who need high megapixels are out of work until the 46MP comes out?

I really like this statement, it reveals a lot about what photographers need, want and dream about.
I love my 5dmkiii, it may not be perfect in any one way, but it's perfect for its versatility in all the different ways I use it. It rarely leaves me wanting anything else. I am currently in a situation where I need to invest in a proper system for high-res art reproduction; in other words, Medium Format.

After doing some tests with Hasselblad H4D 50(not multi-shot) and Nikon D800, I was completely convinced DSLRs could soon match or exceed medium format, especially if lenses improve and 16bit color is a part (as was once rumored about the new 1D-S, or whatever you want to call it.)
I saw that the H4D was obviously better in two aspects: transitions/handling of highlights and color. The Nikon kicked ass in high iso and darks; basically handling noise.
The resolution is different but I wouldn't dare say it's all that important of a difference. The Nikon has actually exceeded MF in some ways, it is a brilliant new camera. But it still misses on a couple things, and it really just comes down to color.

The 1D-S is a very interesting prospect if it can traverse both of those cameras. It would be one more step closer to best of both worlds. Even if it had maximum usable iso of 1600 out of 3200, that means a lot more versatility than MF. With 16bit it would also challenge MF's color, which is the ONLY reason I am considering buying one for art reproduction. If my clients were ok having almost-perfect color, I'd get the Nikon, I would save a lot. But almost-perfect isn't enough,
so if Canon were to have a high MP, 16bit camera for 9000, I would be more than happy to get it (assuming it would actually be as good).
That's why, for me, this rumor is interesting. It could save me 10,000+ in the end, but I guess one can only dream...

I think for most, pros or amateurs, the cameras that are available today are more than capable and better than we ever thought possible, but every time something new or special comes along, we see opportunity and are inspired. So although I don't think anyone is out of work without the camera, a lot of new exciting work will be created once it is available.

wockawocka

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 05:49:03 AM »

Look Scoobs, a clue!
1DX, 5D3 and Hasselblad H Series owner.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 05:49:03 AM »