October 23, 2014, 07:57:31 AM

Author Topic: Nikon D90 or Canon T3i  (Read 9566 times)

lisa Mcguire

Nikon D90 or Canon T3i
« on: May 16, 2011, 04:42:55 AM »
I want to buy dslr camera ? I choose

Spam links to get a higher ranking for website removed.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:14:39 PM by scalesusa »

canon rumors FORUM

Nikon D90 or Canon T3i
« on: May 16, 2011, 04:42:55 AM »

zerotiu

Re: Nikon D90 or Canon T3i
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 05:26:55 AM »
T3i
- articulated screen
- 18mp
- easier tutorial for new photographer

d90
- convenient button (to change iso, aperture , etc)
- 11 focus point

the rest you can see here : http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=canon_eos600d&products=nikon_d90

I prefer canon, because I'm comfortable to use canon everyday. On certain occations, I use nikon for its better ISO handling

so.. d90 or T3i ? Try to shoot with those and choose one which you are comfortable with.

liberace

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 07:46:09 AM »
D90 has just been discontinued - fact to concider. If you were set on Nikon, try stretch the budget to a D7000?

Gothmoth

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 07:46:54 AM »
fantastic question on a CANON website.....  :o ::)

don´t you think such a question will always yield biased results on a brand connected website?

bvukich

• Spam Assassin
  • Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • My (sparse) ZenFolio Site
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 10:44:35 AM »

don´t you think such a question will always yield biased results on a brand connected website?

On this particular site, not as much as you'd think.

Despite the fact that most of us shoot Canon, I think this is one of the (very) few places where you can get a relatively unbiased opinion.  One of the main reasons I frequent this forum it that it's high on knowledge, and low on fanboyism.

We prefer to have flamewars on high ISO performance, pixel density, and square sensors; more so than Canon Vs. Nikon.

zerotiu

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 11:13:08 AM »

On this particular site, not as much as you'd think.

Despite the fact that most of us shoot Canon, I think this is one of the (very) few places where you can get a relatively unbiased opinion.  One of the main reasons I frequent this forum it that it's high on knowledge, and low on fanboyism.

We prefer to have flamewars on high ISO performance, pixel density, and square sensors; more so than Canon Vs. Nikon.

when I read your comment, I just realize that this is actually the canon site hahahaha.

*in my opinion, it is true, people this day is more like 'spec' / 'tech' guys. Your spec is better? Better ISO handling? I buy it. Like that.

actually I still prefer canon than nikon although nikon has better ISO handling. I don't know why. The menu, the color, the LCD and I don't like the red stripy thing  ::)

red ring on lens is manly  ::)

ronderick

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 10:09:51 PM »
red ring on lens is manly  ::)

I have to disagree here... the green ring on the lens gives me the "hulk" feel :P

Joking aside, I think it's a matter of features ur going to find in the camera, and whether ur ready for serious investment in the chosen company's system (unless ur happy with the kit and don't plan to get more lens).

Spec-wise, the D90 is comparable to the XXD level (well, before Canon reset the standards with the 60D).

Therefore, you can expect a decent built quality along that line (The overall opinion on this model is pretty positive, so u won't have to worry too much about it). It also comes with the autofocus motor, which is a big plus nowadays when compared with the D5100-level models. The bad part is that ur stuck with the mid-range specs of 2008.

The T3i/600D is the entry level model for Canon today, so you can pretty much expect entry-level specs of 2011 (which IMHO is a lot more advance than mid-range level of 2008).

Which is better? If you want the built quality, go for the D90. If you want the specs in terms of 2008 vs. 2011, I'd say the T3i/600D will be the better one.

However, if you have a chance, go to the store and play around with both models before u make the decision. I think a lot of it comes down to how the camera feels in your hands. ;)
Canon EOS 1D MKIV, EF 24-105mm F/4L, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L, TS-E 17mm F/4L, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
FujiFilm FinePix X100

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 10:09:51 PM »