December 18, 2014, 08:45:22 AM

Author Topic: B&H Issues!!!  (Read 8134 times)

cpsico

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: B&H Issues!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 10:05:29 PM »
Number one if the shipper can't provide a tracking number it's not shipped, ups tracks from pick up to delivery and every point in between. Same with fed ex, no tracking number, it's the shipper who is not to be taken at their word

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 10:05:29 PM »

comsense

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »

Sorry to hear that.  I think in this case, though, it was B&Hs fault.  They were the ones that told me it was shipped and would be delivered.  UPS told me they didn't have the package and didn't know where it was.  Sure, they could have  had it but "misplaced" it but I just can't assume that.  What I do know is that B&H told me it was shipped and would be delivered and that they spoke with UPS to confirm.
Sorry, I did not clarify well. UPS CS gave me conflicting reports. Local driver and people with just outside access were (yes, you call them and they just read what you see on web; different topic but infuriating none the less) insisting the package is in LA, as shown in web tracking. It was these people with extra internal information (level 2, supervisors etc) who were insisting it will be delivered today and is on delivery truck. Apple CSR (and I am sure B&H too) communicates with these guys and told me the same thing. Looks like local driver and web tracking (and CSR reps reading from it) were right, it was higher ups who were wrong. However, unlike you I don't believe UPS was lying to me. They are just inefficient and have f***** up internal communication.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 11:44:24 AM by comsense »

comsense

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2012, 11:38:08 AM »
If its any consolation - I just got two waterproof Fuji cameras from Amazon.

Inside,  I open the box and it has OBVIOUSLY been tampered with.  First off, an Amazon box is a sort of fold up affair that doesn't even have tape all the way around it.  You can slide out a "wing" and get to the contents.  In fact, small contents can fall out.   So I'm going thru things... one memory card had been opened, and inserted into the one camera, as also its battery.  Hang tag gone.  Sticker in the box with empty battery plastic bag.  There was one shot on the memory card - which had been erased, but ... was recoverable.   Shot of the inside of the Post Office!   

Ah, you have proof to nail USPS down then......
Otherwise, amazon is also notorious for shipping returned (and sometimes used and visibly abused) merchandise. Once, I had to go through three return cycles to get something that I was almost convinced was brand new (their price was so good that I put up with the hassle). With surge of such experiences in recent years, I have just stopped buying anything sensitive like optics from Amazon (esp. Since price is always matched by big camera retailers).
In my case the package was not tempered in any way, so I don't think someone working at shipper was playing with them like in your case............,

CharlieB

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2012, 01:35:21 PM »
There were no people in the picture.  But, I know what a picture of green brick walls, USPS stickers on shelves and carts, and overhead catwalks with peep-slits and visors look like, and I know where they're found.

My guess, someone was going to make themselves a present.  I was on it, and insistent, and somebody got looked at closely, so the package got "unlost" rapidly.   For all I know, "someone" may have "delivered" the package in non-USPO uniform, and non-USPO vehicle, on non-USPO time, just to avoid any problem.  They did not know enough to reformat the card.

I'll confess... hehehe... when I saw the card in the camera, I thought there was a possibility of something "juicy"... or really just curious as to why things were, as they were.  Thats what got me to peep the card and unerase the file.   

I got two cameras, one silver for the GF, and one black for moi.  Use - on motorcycle.  Don't care if they get wet, get knocked about, get abused.  Really don't care for the best image quality.  The cameras primary purpose - survive and make reasonably ok snapshots.  The Fuji's have lousy detail resolution due to anti-noise softening, but have above average color and contrast, will shoot in B&W mode without fiddling, and... important... have LCD's you can actually see in daylight, with a "boost" LCD button for momentary full brightness mode if needed.

That chapter is over... move on.  Sorry to drift the OP's thread a bit.   Just... he's not alone.  Shipping mysteries... remain such for the most part, in my experience.

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2012, 06:21:21 PM »
There were no people in the picture.  But, I know what a picture of green brick walls, USPS stickers on shelves and carts, and overhead catwalks with peep-slits and visors look like, and I know where they're found.

My guess, someone was going to make themselves a present.  I was on it, and insistent, and somebody got looked at closely, so the package got "unlost" rapidly.   For all I know, "someone" may have "delivered" the package in non-USPO uniform, and non-USPO vehicle, on non-USPO time, just to avoid any problem.  They did not know enough to reformat the card.

I'll confess... hehehe... when I saw the card in the camera, I thought there was a possibility of something "juicy"... or really just curious as to why things were, as they were.  Thats what got me to peep the card and unerase the file.   

I got two cameras, one silver for the GF, and one black for moi.  Use - on motorcycle.  Don't care if they get wet, get knocked about, get abused.  Really don't care for the best image quality.  The cameras primary purpose - survive and make reasonably ok snapshots.  The Fuji's have lousy detail resolution due to anti-noise softening, but have above average color and contrast, will shoot in B&W mode without fiddling, and... important... have LCD's you can actually see in daylight, with a "boost" LCD button for momentary full brightness mode if needed.

That chapter is over... move on.  Sorry to drift the OP's thread a bit.   Just... he's not alone.  Shipping mysteries... remain such for the most part, in my experience.
File a complaint with the postal inspector, they are very keen to catch whoever is doing it.  They have a lot of resources, including surveillance photos, but they can't look at every one.  Your info will tip them off to time and place.  If you do not report it, then the perp will keep right on doing it.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 01:28:41 PM »
File a complaint with the postal inspector, they are very keen to catch whoever is doing it.  They have a lot of resources, including surveillance photos, but they can't look at every one.  Your info will tip them off to time and place.  If you do not report it, then the perp will keep right on doing it.

+1.  Maybe the next time, it will be something you value more, and/or need on time for a shoot.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Dylan777

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 09:12:08 AM »
I ordered compact flash card and card reader from BH about a week ago. Yesterday, Oct 15th around 7:30AM, I received an email from BH indicated my order has been shipped - with tracking number.

Today, Oct 16th, I still can't track the order. :(

Wonder if this is UPS or BH issue????
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:13:58 AM by Dylan777 »
Bodies: 1DX -- 5D III
Zooms: 16-35L f4 IS -- 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Primes: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 200L f2 IS -- 400L f2.8 IS II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 09:12:08 AM »

comsense

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 11:00:44 AM »
To Dylan:
Hard to say. Usually, all big retailers ship the item same day as their shipped email. However, your tracking # indicates its not a regular UPS shipment. It's one on those things where the end part of shipment is carried by USPS (FedEx has it too). It has horrible tracking but to my surprise delivered faster than UPS ground (of course I have just one data point to fit to a line in this case). I hope this helps.......
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:04:25 AM by comsense »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 11:00:44 AM »