October 01, 2014, 08:50:18 AM

Author Topic: B&H Issues!!!  (Read 7573 times)

Sitting Elf

Re: B&H Issues!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 05:50:20 PM »
B&H probably called their local New York UPS point who had the box.  The main tracking system may not have received the number.

I have had this happen in the past, and the panicky feeling is always unpleasant... but surprisingly, the shipment has always shown up regardless, unless delayed by weather or a terrorist attack!

I'd sit tight until the latest delivery time this evening. THEN if it doesn't show up, B&H will certainly backtrack. I've never had an issue with B&H and trust them implicitly. They DON'T lie!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 05:50:20 PM »

cliffwang

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 06:05:22 PM »
Most likely UPS's problem.  I have similar experiences and I eventually received the package.  I guess the package was not scanned before it left the UPS store.
Canon 5D3 | Samyang 14mm F/2.8 | Sigma 50mm F/1.4 | Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 VC | Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 IS MK2 | Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro L | Canon Closed-up 500D | 430EX | Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300 | Manfrotto Tripod

Kliphten

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »
If it wasn't scanned, could it still be possible that it was shipped?  Or does it have to be scanned before it ships?  I'm still curious as to how someone at UPS told B&H they had the package and it would be shipped today.

nebugeater

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 07:06:49 PM »
It is not clear to me  but do you have the tracking number and checked with that yourself?

Drizzt321

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Aaron Baff Photography
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 07:15:45 PM »
Sometimes I've found that UPS won't have ANY information on a tracking number (at least in the online system) while they have actually picked it up, and it's on it's way. It can take a day or so sometimes for the online system to get updated. By then, it'll either be set at "out for delivery", or in my hand, or estimated delivery on the date I expect.
5D mark 2, 5D mark 3, EF 17-40mm f/4L,  EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 85mm f/1.8
Film Cameras: Mamiya RB67, RB-50, RB-180-C, RB-90-C, RB-50, Perkeo I folder, Mamiya Six Folder (Pre-WWII model)
http://www.aaronbaff.com

Sitting Elf

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 07:22:32 PM »
I sympathize with the OP because regardless of whether it will arrive today, a lens shipment from B&H will almost assuredly require a signature for delivery. Therefore, not knowing the exact delivery date if it doesn't make it today can be a problem because he has to be available for the delivery, unless someone else is always at the shipping location.

Apple, for example, requires a signature for even the cheapest accessories, and I always have to print and fill out a release if I'm not going to be at home. Pain in the rear end!

Kliphten

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 07:28:41 PM »
I sympathize with the OP because regardless of whether it will arrive today, a lens shipment from B&H will almost assuredly require a signature for delivery. Therefore, not knowing the exact delivery date if it doesn't make it today can be a problem because he has to be available for the delivery, unless someone else is always at the shipping location.

Apple, for example, requires a signature for even the cheapest accessories, and I always have to print and fill out a release if I'm not going to be at home. Pain in the rear end!

Exactly!  I've been waiting all day and while I don't mind whether it comes today or not, what I do mind is not having a clear answer as to where it is or when it will arrive!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 07:28:41 PM »

Kliphten

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 07:44:18 PM »
Well, tracking has finally updated!  Lens is still in New York!  The only conclusion I can come up with is that B&H didn't get the package out yesterday and lied to me today about it being sent out!  I asked them if it was sent yesterday, twice, and both times they said it was!  Very disappointing...

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 07:53:23 PM »
Well, tracking has finally updated!  Lens is still in New York!  The only conclusion I can come up with is that B&H didn't get the package out yesterday and lied to me today about it being sent out!  I asked them if it was sent yesterday, twice, and both times they said it was!  Very disappointing...
What pickup time does it say on the tracking page?  B&H can put it out for UPS, but, until the UPS truck gets back to the terminal, unloads, and scans packages, the time might not be set.  If the UPS truck breaks down or gets delayed, that can happen.
I ship by UPS and occasionally this happens. 
Ask for a refund of shipping after the item arrives.

Kliphten

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »
Says Order Processed: Ready for UPS 10/11/2012 at around 11p.
Origin Scan around 7:30p today.
Departure Scan around 8:45p today.

Well, I'm glad to know where it is but hugely disappointed in having to wait all day because of what B&H told me.  They'll definitely be hearing from me on Sunday.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 09:31:57 PM »

Well, I'm glad to know where it is but hugely disappointed in having to wait all day because of what B&H told me.  They'll definitely be hearing from me on Sunday.
It sounds like UPS issue.  B&H loads them into a empty trailer which UPS picks up every 2-4 hours.  Apparently, UPS either missed picking up the trailer or left it sitting for a day.
Whatever the reason, its disappointing.
Contact Henry Posner of B&H and ask him for help.  He is their Goodwill Ambassador and will do anything he can.
 e-mail henryp[at]bhphoto.com  Henry is pretty good at helping out.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:37:31 PM by Mt Spokane Photography »

Kliphten

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 09:47:56 PM »

It sounds like UPS issue.  B&H loads them into a empty trailer which UPS picks up every 2-4 hours.  Apparently, UPS either missed picking up the trailer or left it sitting for a day.
Contact Henry Posner of B&H and ask him for help.  He is their Goodwill Ambassador and will do anything he can.

Thanks! Will definitely shoot him an email.

comsense

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »

UPS to be blamed for sure. It has happened to me twice. Last time, I confirmed with UPS directly after talking to Apple and they told me same thing - hang on at your home to receive (signature delivery); their system shows its on delivery truck and would be delivered for SURE today by 7 PM. What's worse, UPS CSR made me wait till 9 PM saying trucks sometime finish deliveries up to 9:00 PM. All the while tracking showed package was in LA and indeed it was in LA being shuttled around to different warehouses for the free tour of city. I don't know what *&%$ information UPS CSR reps had as in the end automated tracking was more reliable. And they pass on the same info to clients (Apple in my case). Obviously, I was fuming. However, Apple rewarded me sufficiently to bring smile back on my face even though it was clearly UPS's fault.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 05:43:29 PM by comsense »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »

Kliphten

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2012, 07:25:16 PM »

UPS to be blamed for sure. It has happened to me twice. Last time, I confirmed with UPS directly after talking to Apple and they told me same thing - hang on at your home to receive (signature delivery); their system shows its on delivery truck and would be delivered for SURE today by 7 PM. What's worse, UPS CSR made me wait till 9 PM saying trucks sometime finish deliveries up to 9:00 PM. All the while tracking showed package was in LA and indeed it was in LA being shuttled around to different warehouses for the free tour of city. I don't know what *&%$ information UPS CSR reps had as in the end automated tracking was more reliable. And they pass on the same info to clients (Apple in my case). Obviously, I was fuming. However, Apple rewarded me sufficiently to bring smile back on my face even though it was clearly UPS's fault.

Sorry to hear that.  I think in this case, though, it was B&Hs fault.  They were the ones that told me it was shipped and would be delivered.  UPS told me they didn't have the package and didn't know where it was.  Sure, they could have  had it but "misplaced" it but I just can't assume that.  What I do know is that B&H told me it was shipped and would be delivered and that they spoke with UPS to confirm.

CharlieB

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »
If its any consolation - I just got two waterproof Fuji cameras from Amazon.

Shipped by Amazon, not 3rd party.  Amazon handed off to FedEx.

FedEx handed off to the US Post Office.   Tracking on FedEx says out for delivery.

No delivery, I had folks at the house, waiting for the package.  No slip left... no nothing.

Finally - at 10pm, FedEx reports "Delivery Attempt Made".

So, I call FedEx.  They say, sorry call the Post Office.  Post Office says... Sorry, call FedEx.

I go to the local Post Office.  Guy at the counter takes the info, says it ought to be in the back.  He looks for about half an hour.  Nope.  No clue where it is.   Then he says... they're only supposed to make one delivery attempt, but "it may have gone back out".   Ok, so we wait again.  Nothing.  Next day, I go back to the Post Office.  Same guy looks again.  Nothing.  So I ask... "is it lost".  No, its not lost, since its still in their system.  He says, don't file a claim, give it another day.   Went home, and its raining really hard at that point.   Cats go nuts at the front.  I look out.  Nothing, no vehicle.  Open the door, and stuffed down inside my bougainvillaea bush (thorns!) is an Amazon box... soaked.    Inside,  I open the box and it has OBVIOUSLY been tampered with.  First off, an Amazon box is a sort of fold up affair that doesn't even have tape all the way around it.  You can slide out a "wing" and get to the contents.  In fact, small contents can fall out.   So I'm going thru things... one memory card had been opened, and inserted into the one camera, as also its battery.  Hang tag gone.  Sticker in the box with empty battery plastic bag.  There was one shot on the memory card - which had been erased, but ... was recoverable.   Shot of the inside of the Post Office!   

I probably have some sort of case, but I thought for a second... I got the cameras, and they're disposable to me anyway.  Not worth me losing more money taking off from work to go fight the Post Office.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »