October 22, 2014, 09:00:03 PM

Author Topic: Canon 60D?  (Read 2831 times)

SWIFTY

Canon 60D?
« on: October 12, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »
New to the whole DSLR thing and am more on the video side of things.... now I'm going to invest in a 60D next month but being as I'm new to this I was wondering if anyone can advise me otherwise... basically because i haven't been lurking that much i don't know of many rumours and so on of a refresh or new model thats better for the same sort of price point im willing to wait a few months if that the case! any help would be appreciated!!! SWIFTY

canon rumors FORUM

Canon 60D?
« on: October 12, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »

ThuiQuaDayNe

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Re: Canon 60D?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 04:26:04 PM »
If AF in Video is important to you, then look at T4i.  No other Canon DSLRs have AF in video except for T4i.   Even then, the AF in video for T4i is still slow and it hunts.  You might as well us manual focus.

Goodluck

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 08:17:56 PM »
I'd go for a refurb 7D, or a T4i.  The T4i has sharper images, and the AF while in video is usable as long as you are not taking videos of objects moving toward or away at high speed.
The touch screen is also a huge plus, at least for me.
The lack of AFMA in the 60D  is disappointing (not in T4i either, but you can use live focus and its fairly fast.)

AudioGlenn

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 06:52:31 PM »
I recommend the 60D over a T4i.  I upgraded from the T3i for Kelvin Temp White Balance, battery compatibility with higher end bodies, and some other features I found useful.  Also, I prefer to manually focus during video.  I've considered a T4i to setup as a 2nd body so that I could leave it on a tripod and not have to worry about having to focus manually but I would get a 5D mkIII for the FF sensor/Better High ISO performance/etc. before I do that.
5D mkIII  |  40 f/2.8 | 8-15 f/4L | 24-70 f/2.8L II | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | 1.4x III TC | 600ex-rt | 430 ex ii | EOS M+22mm f/2 | EF to EF-M adapter

DV333

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 03:20:49 AM »
Had a 60D. Shot with it. Got ML. Still lacking something with it. But like everyone one says AF isnt all great for filming. Manual focus over AUTO. I'd say Try both and see what you like better. :-\

P.S. got my hands on an EOS M for a bit....  ::) not that bad with filming maybe T4i will be better. Maybe a small body like M isnt so bad for film?????

Nishi Drew

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 12:01:11 AM »
Had a 60D. Shot with it. Got ML. Still lacking something with it. But like everyone one says AF isnt all great for filming. Manual focus over AUTO. I'd say Try both and see what you like better. :-\

P.S. got my hands on an EOS M for a bit....  ::) not that bad with filming maybe T4i will be better. Maybe a small body like M isnt so bad for film?????

Well how much control over video does one get with the M? A smaller body would be good for when it's needed, but as for lenses there are only two so far, and no one knows what'll be added later. And if you're going to you standard EOS anyways then that kills the point of a small mirror-less for compact portability.
Though, since it can be stuffed into a tiny compartment, it would be a space saving back up.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 12:01:11 AM »