Image & Video Galleries > Street & City

Recommendations Amsterdam

(1/3) > >>

Dr.Jones:
Hi!

Thought i might use the forum for something, which i think you guys could help me out with.

I'm going to Amsterdam[Netherlands] tomorrow, and i would like to know if any of you have any recommendations. I'm thinking of beautiful places to visit and to photograph, and not the coffee shops which i am well aware of. 

Is there any "must visit" places?

Thanks in advance!
- Jones

MarcPool:
Just walk around the old part of the town and you will see most important places all of the canals.
Damplein (with the national war memorial, the palace on the Dam, Nieuwe Kerk)
Museumplein (most of the important museums are overthere).
Pick up a free map at the Information office on at museumplein.

dr croubie:
Skip Amsterdam, take a train half an hour south to Leiden (If you start at the airport, it's the same train in the other direction)
Much nicer, less tourists, better vibe. All old buildings mostly, big student population, plenty of opportunities for 'street' photography. Also, try to see how many poems in how many languages you can spot written on the side of buildings whilst walking around (I think there's 40-50 or so).

candyman:

--- Quote from: MarcPool on October 15, 2012, 07:42:09 AM ---Just walk around the old part of the town and you will see most important places all of the canals.
Damplein (with the national war memorial, the palace on the Dam, Nieuwe Kerk)
Museumplein (most of the important museums are overthere).
Pick up a free map at the Information office on at museumplein.

--- End quote ---

+1
And the blue bridge, Muntplein, walk through the Herengracht, Keizersgracht and Prinsengracht (they are close to central station - look at the map)

bbb34:

--- Quote from: dr croubie on October 15, 2012, 09:40:33 PM ---Skip Amsterdam, take a train half an hour south to Leiden

--- End quote ---

+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version