November 27, 2014, 03:15:05 PM

Author Topic: 6D with 3 flavor + Improve AF (compare to 5dm2)  (Read 11814 times)

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
Re: 6D with 3 flavor + Improve AF (compare to 5dm2)
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 03:17:26 AM »
Just a word of warning. I don't think anyone should count on being able to choose between a new 6D and a new 5DII.

Once the 6D hits the shelves, expect the 5DII to disappear. At a minimum, all rebates and discounts on any remaining 5DIIs in dealers' stock will end and dealers will quit receiving any new shipments. Canon did a remarkable job of pulling the 580EXII and making it impossible to find. Expect the same with the 5DII.

Refurbished and used models will remain, but they could very well be selling for as much or more than new models are now going for.

It is not in Canon's best interests to allow consumers to choose between the 6D and a heavily discounted 5DII. By the time the 6D is available, your choices on the new market will be the 6D or the 5DIII.

Pleeeeeease, let the 6D have similar IQ to the 5DmkIII.  I'm really counting on this.  Today's US$1,549 deal for the MkII is really tempting!.  We'll see.

Who knows?  It might be better.  If it is, it's not the first time Canon did this (remember 5d2?)...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 03:17:26 AM »

DV333

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 03:42:04 AM »
Had a chance to play with the 6D a little at the Exposure show in Toronto yesterday. Although the card slots were NOT glued over, I didn't have a card with me to bring back files to peak at...

However, the AF worked quite well. I was able to lock focus on the rafters, which were VERY dark, instantly with the 70-200mm. It worked almost as fast with the 24-105mm.

I was going to drop the money a 5d mk ii, but after holding it my hand and playing around...I think I'll be saving up a few more pennies and getting the 6D after the early adopters run through the first batches and the price drops a little.

Solid camera that fills a gap and updates on the 5d mk ii' abilities.

Cheers.

I also attended Exposure. Played with the 6D LIKE IT. DIDNT put my card in it (dont know why) but seems like it is a baby FF and performs amazing for the price. Dont know if it was money well spent for me choosing the "PAD" focal area or not. But for a feel of the thing... its well worth the wait... ???

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 05:43:08 AM »
... I think the purpose of servo is seriously misunderstood.

i am insteresting in your understanding about ai servo.  as if you would like to share, i am your audiance...

note:  i am using both (with dof button re-config), depending on cases

It is very obvious to me that servo focus should be used every time the distance between camera and subject is changing, even it it is by inches. And this applies to candid shots especially as generally there is movement. Thx.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 05:43:08 AM »