November 23, 2014, 05:36:07 PM

Author Topic: Bryan Carnathan has completed his review of the 7D Mark II  (Read 609 times)

Marauder

• EOS M2
    • View Profile

As always a thorough and well written review and the one many of us have been most anxious to read. :)

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EOS-7D-Mark-II.aspx
Canon 7D, Canon T3i, Canon 100-400L, Canon 200 f2.8L & Various other lenses

canon rumors FORUM

Sporgon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
Re: Bryan Carnathan has completed his review of the 7D Mark II
« Reply #1 on: Today at 04:06:57 PM »
Well I hope Brian's knowledge of the camera is better than his knowledge of horses !

That nag galloping towards the camera at '40 to 45 mph ' , who does he think it is,  Red Rum ? If a horse like that was really going flat out it would be about 500 metres per minute max - 18 mph.

AvTvM

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:12:55 PM »
Well written and comprehensive review. 

Conclusion: confirmation of what was already known ... IQ improvement vs. 70D minimal and even vs. 7D quite disappointing. Too bad. Really great DSLR otherwise, everything there, except built-in WiFi. 

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:14:30 PM »
Its good to see a competent review.  I try to read reviews from multiple competent reviewers, since some tent to pickup on points that others miss, or even disagree.

I did not see anything that surprised me in his review, its mostly in line with other reviews.

wtlloyd

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 05:05:10 PM »
Well I hope Brian's knowledge of the camera is better than his knowledge of horses !

You might try reading the review before embarrassing yourself with a gratuitous negative comment.

Sporgon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:34:01 PM »

You might try reading the review before embarrassing yourself with a gratuitous negative comment.

"Perhaps even more beneficial for understanding what can be done with this frame rate is to look at a visual example. Drag your mouse over the labels under the following image for a visual look at the 10 fps rate. Drag your mouse completely across all of the labels in 1.3 seconds to get an idea of the speed of the approaching horse – approximately 40-45 mph (64-72 kph). I know, the labels are a bit small for that mouse move, but this approach happened very fast."

She would have to be riding a top form Derby winner - on the flat - on good going - with a race saddle - riding weight less than 7 stone. As I said, this target would have been travelling towards the camera at 18 mph max.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:34:01 PM »