October 23, 2014, 11:59:23 AM

Author Topic: EOS M with Magic Lantern, shutter cannot release  (Read 339 times)

Rocky

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
EOS M with Magic Lantern, shutter cannot release
« on: Today at 02:17:04 AM »
I have been using ML since July 25 this year on my EOS-M with 8G SD card. No problem untill today. The problem: after the camera has been turn on, the EOS-M will AF but will not release the shutter. The only way to make it work is to release the lens and reinstall the lens (both with the camera on). I formated the SD card outside of the camera and use the same card, The camera functions normally (without ML). I use the same card to reinstall the same version of the ML. Same problem. Format the same card with the newest version of ML, same problem. Has anyone run into the similar probl;em?? Has anyone knows how to fix this problem???

canon rumors FORUM

EOS M with Magic Lantern, shutter cannot release
« on: Today at 02:17:04 AM »

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: EOS M with Magic Lantern, shutter cannot release
« Reply #1 on: Today at 04:35:12 AM »
You should ask this question to the ML forum too...

lintoni

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:16:17 AM »
It seems to be a known bug. Found this on the last page of ML's EOS-M thread

http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.425

I may have found a fix for the shutterbug (not sure).
The shutter bug always occurred when using the EF-M 18-55 IS STM lens.
I changed the Custom Function "Release shutter without lens" to "Enable", restarted the camera and the shutter bug was gone.
Since then I have not been able to replicate the shutter bug (not even by changing the setting to "Disable").
It worked for me. I am using the sept 27 nightly build.
EOS 5D iii, EOS 5, EOS 30, EF17-40L, EF24-105L, EF100-400L, EF100 f/2.8 macro, Samyang 14 f/2.8, 550EX, Magic Lantern

Khnnielsen

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:37:15 AM »
I have been using ML since July 25 this year on my EOS-M with 8G SD card. No problem untill today. The problem: after the camera has been turn on, the EOS-M will AF but will not release the shutter. The only way to make it work is to release the lens and reinstall the lens (both with the camera on). I formated the SD card outside of the camera and use the same card, The camera functions normally (without ML). I use the same card to reinstall the same version of the ML. Same problem. Format the same card with the newest version of ML, same problem. Has anyone run into the similar probl;em?? Has anyone knows how to fix this problem???

It is possiple to download older versions of ML in the nightly builds section. You can use an older version without the bug, untill they fix it in a new version.

axtstern

• Rebel T5i
  • EOS M(ediochre)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 11:02:59 AM »
Sorry friend,

this is not a ML problem.
You have just managed to fry your electronics.

I have literally today bought myself a new EOS M as my old one came back from Canon unrepaired with a potential repair price beyond a new kit.

To give you more details:

I did not have the mL installed but connected the Tammy 18-200.
Initially I thought that the Tammy is a bad copy and returned it but afterwards I discovered that I now had to remove each and any lens to get the shutter to release. Excemption No 1: Not using the camera for a period more than 7 days: It will work once afterwards it returns to the same pattern.

I hoped that this was just a BIOS problem. Installing the latest BIOS : No help, Installing ML nighly build no help.

Excemption No 2: EFS 22mm works always (focus and shutter)

best reagards

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: Today at 11:02:59 AM »