May 02, 2016, 03:38:57 PM

Poll

Which grip would you like to see on the new EOS M4?

Original EOS M (and M2)
1 (12.5%)
EOS M3
4 (50%)
Removable/swapable grip between the M and M3 sizes
0 (0%)
Bigger than existing EOS M3
1 (12.5%)
Removable/swapable grip between the M3 and a bigger than M3 grip
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: EOS M4 grip?  (Read 542 times)

thetechhimself

• Rebel T6i
EOS M4 grip?
« on: April 28, 2016, 10:27:20 AM »
The battle of make it small, or make it a little less small for the EOS M4 I believe is a hot point, just curious on people's thoughts.

canon rumors FORUM

EOS M4 grip?
« on: April 28, 2016, 10:27:20 AM »

overniven

• Power Shot G7X
Re: EOS M4 grip?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 11:31:30 AM »
I like the size of the M3, but it would be nice to have options.
I wouldn't mind it being slightly larger for either an EVF or battery, making it easier to hold in larger hands would be nice.   Maybe they just need a M4 and M4x small and large.

old-pr-pix

• EOS M3
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 01:35:21 PM »
I like what Olympus has done for the OMD E-M5II... they have four "grip" options:  a) body itself has reasonable, but minimal grip (slightly less than EOS-M3); b) add on L-bracket style - modest, but useful, increase in grip size but adding Arca-Swiss dovetails for portrait/landscape tripod mounting; c) separate add-on more substantial grip (also adds headphone jack for video - not compatible with "b") w/minimal dimension underside plate; d) modular battery compartment that mates with grip "c" - adds full set of duplicate portrait oriented controls, extra battery, more room for large hands to grip.

Put a pancake style zoom or prime lens on a bare body and the E-M5II is a really small package.  Add "c" and "d" and it's well balanced with the longest telephotos and very dSLR like.  Extremely flexible and user friendly.
Lots of Canon stuff -- FD, EF, EF-L, EF-S.  Olympus stuff too

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 01:35:21 PM »