Gear Talk > EOS-M

*UPDATE* Canon EOS-M to Ship Today in North America

(1/6) > >>

Canon Rumors:
Tweet
Availability Delayed

Canon has delayed availability of the Canon EOS-M system until at least October 31, 2012 in North America. 
Keep an eye

Both B&H and Adorama have October 15, 2012 as the day the Canon EOS-M begins shipping in North America.  The first kits to hit the market should be the EOS-M body and 22mm f/2.8 STM lens as well as the Speedlite 90EX.
Early reviews for the first Canon mirrorless camera have been relatively positive. It’s not an earth shattering advancement for the segment, but it does what it does quite well. The biggest issue people have had with the camera is an autofocus that isn’t lightning fast. This seems to be a relatively common theme among mirrorless cameras. For people going from a PowerShot to the EOS-M, they’re not going to notice. However, if you go from your 5D Mark III to the EOS-M, you’re going to notice the slowdown.
I am looking forward to trying it out.
EOS-M w/22mm STM for $799 at B&H Photo | Adorama
cr

Nishi Drew:
Handled it at a store, and it's what it is, a simple small mirrorless canon.
The lack of external controls turns me away, but makes sense for the majority of it's target audience as simple is easy to use and if someone can pick it up and figure out how to turn it on and press the shutter then all is good.
3 yr old sensor, still good but yeah, and the AF speed is fine, it's the lack of VF, flash, controls and the price for a fixed lens attachment that's silly. I love primes but for $800 with just a 35mm equiv. that's an expensive phone camera that can't make calls... but the metal body with finish like the G series certainly felt good

infared:
Who cares that the M is available?
Mirrorless cameras are incredible photographic tools. In addition to my 5D MarkIII Kit, I own a complete MFT kit. MFT is an INCREDIBLE small format. I use it more and more and leave the DSLR at home because of the size and weight.
For $800 the M camera totally misses the mirrorless mark on ALL parameters...
When I read that Canon was going to build a mirrorless camera system, I was initially quite excited... What a let down.
How could a company with this much status in the photography marketplace offer a mirrorless camera this late in the game that is so lacklustre? It boggles the mind.

Standard:
Yeah. I personally don't care about the M line either. Guess it'll appeal to a different market group than us. I have a Fujifilm X10 and it's plenty of camera for me when I don't want to lug around a big DSLR.

mrsfotografie:
Any idea when it will ship in Europe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version