December 21, 2014, 11:31:10 PM

Author Topic: Lens and filter options for landscape photography  (Read 5139 times)

jhenderson0107

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
Re: Lens and filter options for landscape photography
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 09:51:41 AM »
Already have plenty of leveling bubbles: Two on the D4 head, one on the leveling base and one on the tripod.  My camera will be level in four dimensions  ;)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 09:53:41 AM by jhenderson0107 »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 09:51:41 AM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 10:17:52 AM »
Already have plenty of leveling bubbles: Two on the D4 head, one on the leveling base and one on the tripod. 

The problem there is that the spot bubble levels on the leveling base and on the tripod head don't help if you switch to portrait orientation for a shot (unless you're using an L-bracket).  That's where a level on the camera itself is an advantage.  But like I said, your 5DIII has one built in, so you're covered.  It can even be superimposed on the scene when shooting in live view.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

jhenderson0107

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 10:28:35 AM »
I am using an L bracket.  But, I didn't know that the level indicator could be superimposed in LV mode.  Guess I should read, rather than acknowledge the existence of, the manual.  Thanks for the tip. 

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 10:34:39 AM »
Just push the Info button - that cycles you through different screen display options in all modes (Live View, VF shooting, and Image Playback).  You can get the electronic level on the main LCD in both Live View and VF shooting, as well as in the VF (using the AF points). I find it especially useful when shooting with lenses that have older tripod collars (the newer ones have detents at 90° increments, which is very useful).
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 10:34:39 AM »