August 29, 2014, 08:18:52 AM

Author Topic: "Best" budget filters?  (Read 3803 times)

qwRad

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
Re: "Best" budget filters?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 06:33:49 AM »
I use Hoya HD series filters. They are tougher than normal filters and are easy to clean. Much easier vs. a couple of the Pro1 Digitals I have. I can recommend them and they are not much more expensive than the Pro1 and good quality.

Here is a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT6wBQR7iqE

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 06:33:49 AM »

realjo

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 06:37:31 AM »
I personally recommend Hoya Pro1 Digital.

these are also very good but much more of a pain to clean than the B+W ones i have both

I haven't used Hoya's filter.  I am just curious why Hoya's filter is difficult to clean?

hi,
I've been reading in this forum for a pretty long time now and just registered to answer that ;) I don't own any Hoya Pro1 but I'm using three of the Hoya HD filters and I'm really pleased with them...nothing negative to say 'bout them :)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 08:15:26 AM »
I personally recommend Hoya Pro1 Digital.

these are also very good but much more of a pain to clean than the B+W ones i have both

I haven't used Hoya's filter.  I am just curious why Hoya's filter is difficult to clean?

hi,
I've been reading in this forum for a pretty long time now and just registered to answer that ;) I don't own any Hoya Pro1 but I'm using three of the Hoya HD filters and I'm really pleased with them...nothing negative to say 'bout them :)

Welcome!

FYI, Hoya's HD line has a different front coating than the Pro1 and S-HMC lines.  The HD coating is much more like the B+W MRC - repels oils and doesn't streak when wet-cleaned.  The same is not true for the other Hoya lines.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

realjo

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 08:42:33 AM »
Welcome!

FYI, Hoya's HD line has a different front coating than the Pro1 and S-HMC lines.  The HD coating is much more like the B+W MRC - repels oils and doesn't streak when wet-cleaned.  The same is not true for the other Hoya lines.

Thank you! :)
I already expected something like that. That's why I chose the HDs over the Pro 1s.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 08:42:33 AM »