April 19, 2014, 10:51:21 AM

Author Topic: Humidity  (Read 4656 times)

minim2

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Humidity
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 03:25:51 AM »

I have tried many things and Electric Dry Cabinets works best (they come with hygrometer and you can set the humidity level you want to keep it on). I bought it when I was in Singapore for around 130 SGD (close to 100/110 USD I guess). Singapore can get really humid too.. Mine is medium size and I can keep 5D II, 5-6 lenses and few other small electronic stuff in it. (Mine is I think DigiCabi.. just to get an idea you can lookup at their site http://www.digihub.com.sg/index.php?route=product/category&path=20 )

I bought one extra cheap hygrometer to keep inside my cabinet (in-case built in one is stops working).

Long back, I read somewhere in forums that if you use your camera/lenses very frequently like once a week then you could be fine without any dry bags/cabinets..... I am not sure about that theory though.

You have invested so much money in your equipment, dont hesitate to spend little bit more and buy yourself a peace of mind.
5D2, 24 L II, sigma 35 1.4, EF 17-40, STM 40-2.8, EF 50 1.4, 85 1.8, 70-300 L, 135 L, 24-105

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 03:25:51 AM »

symmar22

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 04:39:29 AM »

What the heck is a 5DC camera??? To my knowledge there is only a 5D, 5D Mark II and a 5D Mark III.
People seem to mention it all the time. Are we making up imaginary cameras now?

It's the way people call the EOS 5D (Mk1). I think it stands for "Classic".

Pompo

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 05:21:17 PM »
I live in Louisiana and I keep the camera in a room without a/c, when I bring it to the car I place it into the trunk
so I can crank the ac in the car, and when I take the gear out of the trunk to use it, it won't fog cuase it's already wam

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 10:33:56 PM »
I don't really understand these gels, bags. I mean, if one put them in the bag that is not airtight and it's humid outside of the bag, silica bag will collect as much humidity it can and than you end up in a humid environment again, right?

For me it only makes sense to use it in airtight boxes or zipped bags, correct me if I'm wrong.

True.  There's not a lot of air movement into and out of a closed camera bag, though, so it will take a while to saturate. 

Personally, I use desiccant packs - but only with the gear stored in Storm cases (which are airtight).
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 10:33:56 PM »