July 29, 2014, 04:17:29 AM

Author Topic: PhotoPlus Announcements?  (Read 7106 times)

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: PhotoPlus Announcements?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 01:51:16 PM »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 01:51:16 PM »

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 02:16:35 PM »
What kind of improvements do you think the 5DIII needs?

Well, as you see I don't own one (yet, still waiting for the price to drop or if it doesn't to get a used 5d2). But this is what can be improved w/o copying features from the 1d like spot metering on the af point:

* pop-up flash

would be nice but it doesn't seem to be their way for above xxD
there are some complaints about TSE and D700/D800, not sure how serious or whether that could be avoided

* non-crippled, faster sd controller - as it is sd is only good for jpeg backup and starting magic lantern

apparently that is just how their chip maker makes the interfaces and it wasn't any intentional crippling by marketing, maybe by the next round i'm sure, it will be different

* replaceable viewing screens

would have been nice

* well, for me: swivel screen (yes-this-is-very-useful)

could be useful

I think video is where they could've crippled it less, although ML is starting to fill in some of the gaps but better quality codecs, two crop modes, peaking, 100% zoom box live during filming, zebras, clean HDMI 1080p out, better histogram, etc. (ML does give better histogram and zebras and some degree of peaking already, not sure it will ever be able to give crop modes and who knows how far it can go with the codecs, etc.)

that1guyy

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 06:47:05 PM »
Please be a 70D!

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 07:24:49 PM »
Please be a 70D!

Wouldn't you like a 80d much more? Also think of the upcoming 90d! Or just get a current dslr, all of these take excellent pictures in most conditions and start shooting :-)

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 10:47:38 PM »
A 35 has to be one of them or Sigma will steal some of Canons purchases. I wonder which company releases it first. If its an 85LIII, I'll snap but only if it trumps the chroma resistance and weather seals else it really is not far from perfect. Just got the 85LII friday
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

Cryosphere

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 11:33:42 PM »
I just noticed a recent press release by Canon USA

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/about_canon/newsroom?pageKeyCode=pressreldetail&docId=0901e024806de14b

In there the only DSLR mentioned is 6D....

Attendees will have the opportunity to "touch and try" Canon's latest imaging products including:

PowerShot digital cameras - the G15, S110, and SX50 HS - providing advanced features, greater focusing speed and multiple-shot speed in sophisticated, compact camera bodies
EOS 6D Digital SLR camera, a versatile, mid-range full-frame camera with the durability and performance professionals require and the creative imaging options serious photographers crave
Three new imagePROGRAF large-format printers - the iPF8400, iPF6450 and iPF6400- delivering superb color quality and consistency as well as excellent output speeds for photographers, artisans, proofers and print for pay operations
Two new PIXMA PRO-series 13-inch inkjet printers, the PIXMA PRO-10 and PIXMA PRO-100 producing excellent black-and-white and color prints to help, professional studio and aspiring photographers, as well as those educators training the next generation of photographers, ensure what was captured through the lens is reproduced exactly as it was envisioned on paper.

Before previous product announcements, normally there will be special invitations to certain privileged peoples, but I haven't heard of any recently. I wonder if the much hyped big megapixel camera will be unveiled in Photoplus, there seems to be no slot in schedule for launch, etc . I hope I am wrong....  :P

Wrathwilde

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Anarchy Photography
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 11:14:48 AM »

I’ve also heard through the grapevine that Canon USA wasn’t all too happy with the EOS-3 with a 46.1mp sensor articles that popped up not too long ago.

Maybe they just weren't happy that you were calling their new baby a "Hoax hoax hoax".
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:39:38 PM by Wrathwilde »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 11:14:48 AM »

stewy

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »
Hmmm... I've been waiting to hear something great, but I haven't heard anything as yet. Did photoplus not start already, or is it that Canon has nothing to show other than their already released and announced products and their 42% loss in profits? The 5D2 was a great camera when it came out, with the exception of the AF. The 5D3 fixed that, but costs more after four years later. The market has changed over four years. Where's my high resolution camera with great AF and dynamic range... even if the ISO is capped at 6400?

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 06:25:33 PM »
I’ve also heard through the grapevine that Canon USA wasn’t all too happy with the purported Photoshop’d EOS-3 with a 46.1mp sensor articles that popped up not too long ago. That in itself is quite interesting, as why would they care about something that isn’t real?

Possibly because they're marketing machine is trying to convince the user base that 20MP class cameras are enough for everyone's needs?
That's interesting! If true they will now have to work really hard to improve their sensor manufacturing processes  ;D Of course this also means that Big Megapixel lovers will have to be patient, ... very patient ::)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 06:25:33 PM »