Rumors > EOS Bodies

split the 5d series like the 1D series please!

(1/12) > >>

nzmargolies:
Does anyone else agree that splitting the 5D series would be a good idea?  I mean into a 5D and 5Ds.  The 5Ds, like the 1Ds could be the higher mp version, and the 5D ( i guess still pick up with mk III) could become a lower mp, much faster fps camera.  That is my absolute dream, a half body (no portrait grip) full frame camera with 12-18 mp that shoots at 7-8 fps.  Basically, a 7D with the sensor stretched to be full frame.  I think that would suit the needs of a lot of people.  I dont want the size of a 1D, the cost, or 10 fps.  But i do want full frame, and keep it reasonably fast and small.  There could still be the 5Ds for the resolution crazy.

Dear canon,
if you do this, i will buy the 5D III immediately.

Jan:

--- Quote from: nzmargolies on August 20, 2010, 12:27:11 AM ---Does anyone else agree that splitting the 5D series would be a good idea?  I mean into a 5D and 5Ds.  The 5Ds, like the 1Ds could be the higher mp version, and the 5D ( i guess still pick up with mk III) could become a lower mp, much faster fps camera.  That is my absolute dream, a half body (no portrait grip) full frame camera with 12-18 mp that shoots at 7-8 fps.  Basically, a 7D with the sensor stretched to be full frame.  I think that would suit the needs of a lot of people.  I dont want the size of a 1D, the cost, or 10 fps.  But i do want full frame, and keep it reasonably fast and small.  There could still be the 5Ds for the resolution crazy.

--- End quote ---
You don't want the 10 fps of a 1D but are dreaming of a 5DMkIII with 8fps? I don't see a big difference in 8 or 10fps. ;)

However, such a 5DMkIII would be great, so I agree. :)

Daviii:
I'd rather like the "s vs non-s" nosense and create a performance-oriented 3D instead

Peerke:
I just don't care what the name is, but a 5D size FF camera with 12-16 MP and 6 FPS would be my ideal camera too.

that1guy:

--- Quote from: Peerke on August 20, 2010, 03:06:30 AM ---I just don't care what the name is, but a 5D size FF camera with 12-16 MP and 6 FPS would be my ideal camera too.

--- End quote ---

I agree, I could care less what you call it (heck, you could call it the Barbie Cam, and I'd buy it  :o ), but something like that sounds awesome.  I've always maintained that I would have gotten the current 5dII if it would've had better AF, but adding some of the other goodies would be nice as well.

I will be very interested to see what FF offerings Canon comes out with next.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version