Rumors > Lenses

85 1.2 L2 not sharp at 1.2

(1/4) > >>

hammy:
Does anyone have problem getting sharp image at 1.2? i even tried manual focus and AFMA. i only get sharp image at 2.0 and up. should i return for different copy?. i bought it recently just to use at 1.2 since i heard so many review on how sharp it is at 1.2 to 2.0. Any thought?

thanks

RLPhoto:

--- Quote from: hammy on October 23, 2012, 05:04:19 PM ---Does anyone have problem getting sharp image at 1.2? i even tried manual focus and AFMA. i only get sharp image at 2.0 and up. should i return for different copy?. i bought it recently just to use at 1.2 since i heard so many review on how sharp it is at 1.2 to 2.0. Any thought?

thanks

--- End quote ---

The 85L II is tack sharp wide open in the center.

http://ramonlperez.tumblr.com/post/33253428138/fast-prime-shoot-out-pt-1-85mm-1-2l-ii-mini-review

wickidwombat:
have you micro adjusted it? it could just be off a touch I think an 85 f1.2L on a 1Dx is a match made in heaven

hammy:
yes, i've micro adjust with the 1Dx as well. i tried manual.. if you can get sharp image manual , then the AF needs adjustment. i was able to get it sharp at 2.0.

Menace:
Sorry to hear you are not getting sharp images at f1.2. To me the whole point of investing in a f1.2 lens is so that it can be used wide open! Otherwise 85 1.8 would be sufficient.

As you have already tried AFMA, I'd suggest replacing it another copy. Did you buy online or from a shop?

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version