November 24, 2014, 03:31:35 AM

Author Topic: Excellent service at canon customer service centre- beyond words  (Read 2517 times)

fallenflowers

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
When I first bought my camera 5d mark 3, I noticed an over exposed vertical band on left side of image, so I sent it in for repair at customer service centre in Mississauga. Since it is still under warranty, they replaced the new sensor and updated the firmware. It only took 3 business days to completed the repair! I just need to only showed them my receipt.

On Thanksgiving holiday I went out for photo shoot and my camera accidentally fell onto a rock; resulting a broken lcd and some scratched marks. Due to the impact, the lens also resulting a broken rear mount. So i dropped it off for repair at same location without hesitation because I knew they would do a great job like the first time I sent it in.

The following hour, I mean literately the next hour after I dropped my camera and lens in, I received an email for an estimate of the repairs. I was like wow! so fast. That night I made the transaction online for the repairs. The next day, I checked the repair status online and found out my camera has been completed! and my lens completed the following day.  I am just beyond words how fast the service was.

That's not all, there's more great news to it. When I picked up my camera and lens, I notice the scratched marks has been fixed without any additional charges, sensor cleaned, firmware updated, rear camera lcd, top lcd, shutter released button, all covered with protected sticker. I am just overwhelmed and excited with the great services I getting at Canon Canada, the completed repair shows how the technician put a lot  meticulous care and efforts into. The overall cost of repairs is not even that expensive.

I don't work for Canon or neither CPS member, I just wanted to shout out my great experiences. If any of you hesitated to send your gear in for repair at canon due to cost or whatever it is, please don't hesitate anymore, just do it! I will certainly guaranteed you will be very satisfied. They will take great care of your gears and turn-around time for repair is lighting fast. I don't know about USA Canon, cant comment on that.

Brian

canon rumors FORUM

cpsico

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Excellent service at canon customer service centre- beyond words
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 10:09:59 PM »
You won't hear story's like that about Nikon repair service...

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Tracy's Shooting Gallery
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 10:11:54 PM »

I had similar good experience in California.

Thanks for bringing the good news!
Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 12:18:22 AM »
Good to hear. My experience with the work they did at the Mumbai CCC was not good. I have sent my 100-400 lens back. Hope it gets fixed next week... The focus ring is jamming :(

fallenflowers

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 12:45:54 AM »
Good to hear. My experience with the work they did at the Mumbai CCC was not good. I have sent my 100-400 lens back. Hope it gets fixed next week... The focus ring is jamming :(

Sorry to hear that rpt, hope it gets fix soon...:)

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 01:27:35 AM »

Sorry to hear that rpt, hope it gets fix soon...:)
Thanks. I am optimistic (as usual)  :)

Drizzt321

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Aaron Baff Photography
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 01:44:18 AM »
Just wait until you get CPS Gold/Platinum. Even better!

I'm close, but too far to make it to the Irvine, CA center during normal hours (silly day job), but it's cheap overnight via UPS, and literally by 10-11am they've received it and gotten me an estimate. Even faster than they can get it into the online system so I just called up the CPS 800 number and the next day my camera was on it's way back to me. Really fabulous service, and a discount to boot!
5D mark 2, 5D mark 3, EF 17-40mm f/4L,  EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 85mm f/1.8
Film Cameras: Mamiya RB67, RB-50, RB-180-C, RB-90-C, RB-50, Perkeo I folder, Mamiya Six Folder (Pre-WWII model)
http://www.aaronbaff.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 01:44:18 AM »

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 01:47:19 AM »
Just wait until you get CPS Gold/Platinum. Even better!

I'm close, but too far to make it to the Irvine, CA center during normal hours (silly day job), but it's cheap overnight via UPS, and literally by 10-11am they've received it and gotten me an estimate. Even faster than they can get it into the online system so I just called up the CPS 800 number and the next day my camera was on it's way back to me. Really fabulous service, and a discount to boot!
:)

Unfortunately there does not seem to be any such scheme in India :(
I will be calling them tomorrow anyway so I guess I'll ask again.

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 01:51:47 AM »
This mirrors my long-term experience with CPS in Sydney. They're the best.

In the 1990's my primary reason for switching from Nikon to Canon was the quality of service. This was a tough call as I had a very good professional relationship with the Nikon personnel, but the difference in service quality was overwhelmingly compelling. I have not regretted the move for a second.

Still, I understand that Nikon professional services here have improved a great deal since I walked away.

-PW

SDsc0rch

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 03:08:56 AM »
very happy with the service i received in the Irvine, CA location as well
 8)

thebowtie

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • You want me to rant? Go ahead, make my day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 06:21:19 AM »
I echo the experience with Canon service in Sydney (though I'm not a CPS member - I'm just a keen hobbyist).
They're quick and do a great job!
A Camera. Some Lenses. Some accessories. Talent on back-order

Drizzt321

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Aaron Baff Photography
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 11:54:49 AM »
I echo the experience with Canon service in Sydney (though I'm not a CPS member - I'm just a keen hobbyist).
They're quick and do a great job!

I'd recommend CPS anyway, I've got the Gold level and have no plans to go for the Platinum unless I start shooting professionally. It's well worth it, in fact it can pay for itself just in the 2 free cleanings you get per year. Add in priority service and turnaround, servicing discount (if you have repairs needed), and the equipment loan/evaluation program and I'd say it's worth it.
5D mark 2, 5D mark 3, EF 17-40mm f/4L,  EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 85mm f/1.8
Film Cameras: Mamiya RB67, RB-50, RB-180-C, RB-90-C, RB-50, Perkeo I folder, Mamiya Six Folder (Pre-WWII model)
http://www.aaronbaff.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 11:54:49 AM »