I went for the 60D until the 5D MKIII comes out. When the new 5D gets announced, I'll check the features, pricing, etc. and If I like it then I'll sell the 60D and buy it. If not, then I'll stay with the 60D until the new 7D or 60D comes out.
It all depends on how much money you have and how long can you wait without working. I had the money and I personally couldn't wait more, don't regret buying a 60D.