April 19, 2014, 02:09:52 AM

Author Topic: I feel I've been tortured by all the rumors about 5d mark III.  (Read 9369 times)

lee_hom

It's been over a year, since the rumor started. And there is no official announcement of 5D mark III.

Should I keep waiting and get tortured in my mind. Or should I just go for an alternative? :'(

canon rumors FORUM

motorhead

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: I feel I've been tortured by all the rumors about 5d mark III.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 07:05:26 AM »
I know your pain, I've been expecting an announcement from Canon about the 1Ds mk4 for years now. The way things seem to be heading, you might be put out of your misery before me.

akiskev

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • My flickr gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 02:42:52 PM »
What camera do you have now?
Flickr | Canon EOS 3 | Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
EF 17-40mm f/4L | EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS | EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS | EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L
Zeiss 35mm f/2.4 | Zeiss 50mm f/1.4 | Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 | Zeiss 200mm f/2.8 | Zeiss 80-200 f/4

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 05:10:37 PM »
The Canon rumors site is here for fun and enjoyment, and to discuss rumors.

Don't take it too seriously, just have fun.  The 5D MK II was rumored for a couple of years before it appeared.  Some were absolutely convinced it would be released a year earlier.

If you need a camera, buy one and use it.  As soon as the 5D MK III appears, discussion will begin on the 5D MK IV :)

alipaulphotography

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 05:25:27 AM »
If you aren't content or are missing photos with your current camera - get a new one!

Currently there isn't really an alternative to the 5D mkII - Probably why MKIII hasn't been released yet!
Nikon D700 still needs updating and isn't an 'upgrade' from the MKII.

If you haven't got a MKII yet - just get one. 2nd hand maybe if you are concerned about the price.

If you have - there isn't really any alternatives to buy. And it is still a superb camera just with shoddy autofocus points!

fernando

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 01:49:44 PM »
I went for the 60D until the 5D MKIII comes out. When the new 5D gets announced, I'll check the features, pricing, etc. and If I like it then I'll sell the 60D and buy it. If not, then I'll stay with the 60D until the new 7D or 60D comes out.

It all depends on how much money you have and how long can you wait without working. I had the money and I personally couldn't wait more, don't regret buying a 60D.

nlrela

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 12:13:35 AM »
Sounds all so familiair.

Want to replace my 40D and was waiting for the MKIII. Have meanwhile exchanged my EF-S lenses for EF versions, but the body can still stil not be replaced as desired ;-(
I am waiting about a year for that replacement, hope not to wait that lomg anymore.....

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 12:13:35 AM »

aldvan

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 01:34:47 AM »
If you have - there isn't really any alternatives to buy. And it is still a superb camera just with shoddy autofocus points!

Great advice... I know many pro that leave at home the 1Ds and go around with the fiver. I solved the AF problem going always center spot+RAW+LR... This would be old fashion but in this way I'm always sure that I'm focusing exactly what I want...

P.S. Hello to you all!. This is my first post on the forum. I'm Aldo from Italy and I'm follow the forum since a long time.

NXT1000

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 11:07:30 AM »
there was a big earthquake which affect their production and development.
also canon are waiting for next generation sony and nikon, but for some reason nikon is dragging their feet.
So, i do not think you will hear about 5d3 until the competition show their card.
Why show your card when you are ahead of them in IQ and MB.
Until d800 appear then add another half a year, if d800 so-so , add one year if d800 super duper.
you not going to see 5d3 for a long long time either way.
forget about old product cycle time. It is more expensive and harder to make high MB sensor, more and more so. The product cycle time will extend.

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 11:08:24 AM »
P.S. Hello to you all!. This is my first post on the forum. I'm Aldo from Italy and I'm follow the forum since a long time.

Welcome to Canon rumors!

armando

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 12:03:12 PM »
I was in the same boat:

I always had in the back of my mind (how would a full frame look like (the youtube videos that that 5d mkii made made it more maddening)) When I went with it, I knew thats what I should have done from the start, own the 60d / 7d.

so there you go, the 5d mkii is a crazy great camera.

K3nt

• EOS M2
  • "No good photo goes unnoticed!"
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 02:14:21 AM »
I am very happy with my 7D, thanks to the guys on this site that told me to just get it now instead of holding out for a MK XXX that's out 'real soon now'.
Best thing ever. I got it on sale just before the earthquake too. :)

I am very insterested to see what the 5D MK 3 brings to the table and might even get one eventually and keep my 7D as a 2nd body.

Nevertheless, get what you need now, electronics are always a crappy investment, there's always going to be 'the next great thing' coming out as soon as you get yours. As someone else said, as soon as the MK 3 in announced/available speculations about MK 4 will start.  :D
Flickr

Canon EOS 7D * 10-22mm EF-S * 50mm f/1.4 * 70-20mm f/2.8L IS USM MkII * Nissin 866Di MkII * 430EXII + accessories

keith_cooper

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 04:14:00 AM »
It's been over a year, since the rumor started. And there is no official announcement of 5D mark III.

Should I keep waiting and get tortured in my mind. Or should I just go for an alternative? :'(
Mind you, I've never expected a 5D3 to precede a 1Ds3 replacement and wasn't expecting that until last September at the earliest (and yes I'd think something is overdue, but my mk3 works fine still)

I've never seen anything suggesting an earlier 5D3 that didn't smack of wishful thinking :-)  In 2008 when the 5D2 came out, I'd have not minded putting money on a September 2011 5D3...

Just my 6c ;-)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 04:14:00 AM »

AG

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 08:39:47 PM »
Great advice... I know many pro that leave at home the 1Ds and go around with the fiver. I solved the AF problem going always center spot+RAW+LR... This would be old fashion but in this way I'm always sure that I'm focusing exactly what I want...

Im exactly the same. never use AF. I learnt in the old SLR days when auto focus meant either you or the object moved closer :p

I hate how nowadays too many shooters rely on AF and other gadgets.

Manual focus all the way :)
Yes, i shoot video on a DSLR.

aldvan

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 02:25:45 AM »
Actually I'm not saying I'm not using AF... I use AF but in central spot way, selecting just the central point, aiming to the subject I choose, fixing AF on it, and then composing again the imaging. Easier to do than to write, it tooks a small fraction of a second...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 02:25:45 AM »