I own 7D since April, before I had 30D and before analog 33. I own 20/2.8, 28/1.8 and 85/1.8 all time.
- in analog ages I considered 85 is superb, 20 and 28 great
- in 30D ages 85 was superb, 20 still great but 28 was average/poor, esp. at low apertures
Before microadjustment all my lenses was worse on 7D than on 30D.
- 85 is superb at f/2.2 - f/11, I can see poor quality wide open and also f/16+ due diffraction
- 28 is superb at f/2.2 - f/5.6 on near distances, wow, but still average/poor on infinity
- 20 is poor until f/4 in all distances, average at f/5.6 - f/11
7D is great, but all my lenses need MA around -8. I didn't find how to set 28/1.8 to be great on infinity, I guess it's not designed to be landspace lens, but low-light street/portret photo. I love my 28/1.8 since having 7D and MA.
I think my lenses are quite old, I tried 17-55/2.8 for two days and I was so suprised how good is the zoom both in IQ and AF accurance/speed terms.