August 29, 2014, 06:41:22 PM

Author Topic: 15fps with 45 shots buffer, 14mp (2.7x crop), 100% vf for $900. Is it Canon?  (Read 3030 times)

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
No, you guessed it: It's Nikon :-p ... http://www.nikon.com/news/2012/1024_acil_01.htm

What is interesting is that this really shows the advantages of a mirrorless design, I'll be interested to see how the af performs: "The V2 is equipped with the advanced hybrid AF system, which utilizes both focal-plane phase-detection AF (75 points) and contrast-detect AF (135 points). The speed and capabilities this system offers can be clearly seen with certain capture of the perfect moment with a wide variety of scenes, from moving subjects, even those that move unpredictably such as children and animals, to dimly lit indoor scenes and night landscapes."

canon rumors FORUM

Northstar

• 1D X
    • View Profile
No, you guessed it: It's Nikon :-p ... http://www.nikon.com/news/2012/1024_acil_01.htm

What is interesting is that this really shows the advantages of a mirrorless design, I'll be interested to see how the af performs: "The V2 is equipped with the advanced hybrid AF system, which utilizes both focal-plane phase-detection AF (75 points) and contrast-detect AF (135 points). The speed and capabilities this system offers can be clearly seen with certain capture of the perfect moment with a wide variety of scenes, from moving subjects, even those that move unpredictably such as children and animals, to dimly lit indoor scenes and night landscapes."

It looks like an interesting little camera...so many nice features.  You're right, it will be interesting to see how this AF works....as a sports shooter, 14 fps and that AF could be a nice combo for less than $1k.

The burst rates on some of these new cameras are incredible...the hero gopro3 that i just preordered has a 30 fps burst mode at 12mp and I can wirelessly trigger it up to 600 ft away...for $400

Sport Shooter

1dX and 5d3... 24-70 2.8ii, 70-200 2.8ii, 1.4xiii and 2xiii, 85, 40mm, 300 2.8L IS....430ex

MK5GTI

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
i once read comments from 43rumors.com, and a photographer with both OMD EM5 and the Nikon V1 claim the Nikon AF to be in a different league, that is the tracking ability is much better.

the m4/3 is already fast in still, but tracking is still lacking.

The Nikon hybrid AF seems to be the best AF system for now, but they benefit from a smaller sensor, lighter/smaller glass for the speed i guess.

if Nikon ever come up with a similar 1 system but with APS-C, i will be all over it.

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Well, It's better in everyway to the EOS M except IQ. Good job Nikon.  ;D

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Yes, you can make small sensor cameras have very high speeds.  You trade IQ for speed. 
Canon has chosen large sensors, Nikon and Sony have chosen small sensors.  Maybe thats why their sales have dropped so much more than Canon's?

weekendshooter

Canon has chosen large sensors, Nikon and Sony have chosen small sensors.  Maybe thats why their sales have dropped so much more than Canon's?

what? Not sure what you're trying to get at; Sony has had 1.5x crop in their NEX line forever and is pushing big sensors throughout their lineup (RX100, RX1, full-frame E-mount camcorder). Nikon went small with the 1 to differentiate from their entry-level DSLR lineup, for better or for worse, and has made a very neat little camera. I wouldn't spend money on it, but they're fantastically fast and responsive, and the AF is a joy to use. Canon's mirrorless system hasn't even been out for more than a couple of weeks!

EDIT: I think I misread your comment, sorry! I took "Nikon and Sony" as meaning those two brands' respective mirrorless lines, not just the 1. The sensor in the 1 is not made by Sony, but rather by Aptina. Sony's 1" sensor in the RX100 is 20MP and does not have phase detect AF on-chip as far as I know.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:27:06 PM by weekendshooter »

pdirestajr

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • flickr
This is Nikon's second generation of their mirrorless. Let's remember how well loved the first version was.

Just wait for the EOS-M2... It's gonna be AMAZING!!!
7D | 5DII | EOS-3 | Nikon F3 | Mamiya 645 Pro-TL

canon rumors FORUM

7enderbender

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
I don't know. I really don't see anything interesting there. It's yet another small sensor camera. I don't care how pretty it is and how fast it's AF is or whatever.
5DII - 50L - 135L - 200 2.8L - 24-105 - 580EXII - 430EXII - FD 500/8 - AE1-p - bag full of FD lenses

canon rumors FORUM