September 21, 2014, 10:42:22 PM

Author Topic: 5D MKlll Dirty view finders  (Read 913 times)

5DMKlll

5D MKlll Dirty view finders
« on: October 27, 2012, 01:02:21 PM »
I purchased a 5D MKlll at the start of September got it home and noticed a black mark in the viewfinder, called the store had it replaced the same day, went on holiday and noticed small black marks in the replacement camera, once back from holiday this was replaced, the replacement has this and so did the new replacement I went to pick up yesterday (I refused to take this away). The marks are as dark as the focus screen grid lines, so are not dust as they tend to be grey.

When asking for my money back, I was told there was nothing wrong they must be like that! Did Canon go out of their way to design a camera with this problem?

Has anyone had reports of these problems with the MKlll, I have been using Canon cameras for 30 years but never experienced such poor quality control as this. Do I go for another replacement and call it the 5D MKV?

As for Canon UK I'm still waiting for them to come back to me!!

Saga update:-

Called Canon UK on Friday and I'm still waiting for a call back, called again yesterday and still no call from their Marketing Director. Basically Canon don't care about their customers!!!

As my retailer won't give me a refund I am being forced to try yet another 5D, a camera that I have no faith in at all.
Go buy a Nikon if you are looking at this Camera, as you can see from above I have been a Canon fan for 30 years, but after this I will be using this only as i'm being forced to.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:29:12 AM by 5DMKlll »

canon rumors FORUM

5D MKlll Dirty view finders
« on: October 27, 2012, 01:02:21 PM »

Menace

• 1D X
  • New Zealand
    • View Profile
Re: 5D MKlll Dirty view finders
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 04:27:41 AM »
Sorry to hear about the problem you have had  :(

I've had mine pretty much since mark III was first released but haven't come across this issue - will keep an eye out though.
1Dx | 5D III
85 1.2L II | 100 2.8 | 400 2.8L IS II 
24-70 2.8L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II

canon rumors FORUM

Re: 5D MKlll Dirty view finders
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 04:27:41 AM »