Gear Talk > EOS-M

Hands on with the EOS-M at Photoplus

(1/3) > >>

tiger82:
I had a chance to check out the EOS-M with the 22mm,  18-55 EF-M zoom, and the EF Mount adapter with a 24-70 II.  It handles fine with the 22 prime but for a longtime DSLR user, it felt awkward to zoom manually without a viewfinder.  I know it's not for me; shooting through the LCD display makes composition harder and I had quite a bit more handshake holding the camera away from my face.

pierceography:
I was underwhelmed by the specs of this camera.  Feels like a mirrorless 7D with a better digic and (hopefully) slightly better ISO on the high end.

I do like that it will take EF lenses (adapter).

Otherwise, I'd rather save up for some better glass and keep an S100 for a P&S option.

Dylan777:
If I buy a mirrorlesss body, I prefer pancake styles. Canon needs to make some more pancakes:

17-55
10-22

Put a L lens infront of the mirrorless boby looks quite stupid :P

tiger82:
Is it just me but manual zooming while looking at the LCD just isn't comfortable?  Holding the camera away from you then reaching in front of it to zoom was unnatural for me.

cliffwang:

--- Quote from: Dylan777 on October 28, 2012, 10:53:35 AM ---If I buy a mirrorlesss body, I prefer pancake styles. Canon needs to make some more pancakes:

17-55
10-22

Put a L lens infront of the mirrorless boby looks quite stupid :P

--- End quote ---

+1
Why do people need a mirrorless camera if it cannot be compact?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version