Gear Talk > EOS-M

Hands on with the EOS-M at Photoplus

<< < (2/3) > >>

Daniel Flather:

--- Quote from: cliffwang on October 28, 2012, 12:48:55 PM ---Why do people need a mirrorless camera if it cannot be compact?

--- End quote ---

¿Qué?

gmrza:

--- Quote from: tiger82 on October 27, 2012, 08:58:38 PM ---I had a chance to check out the EOS-M with the 22mm,  18-55 EF-M zoom, and the EF Mount adapter with a 24-70 II.  It handles fine with the 22 prime but for a longtime DSLR user, it felt awkward to zoom manually without a viewfinder.  I know it's not for me; shooting through the LCD display makes composition harder and I had quite a bit more handshake holding the camera away from my face.

--- End quote ---

The lack of an eye-level (electronic) viewfinder is a challenge for me - no being able to brace the camera properly.  Hopefully Canon will in due course launch a mirrorless body with an EVF (and hopefully a next gen APS-C sensor).  I have no inclination to buy another camera based around the current 18MP APS-C sensor.

pwp:

--- Quote from: gmrza on October 28, 2012, 10:19:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: tiger82 on October 27, 2012, 08:58:38 PM ---I had a chance to check out the EOS-M with the 22mm,  18-55 EF-M zoom, and the EF Mount adapter with a 24-70 II.  It handles fine with the 22 prime but for a longtime DSLR user, it felt awkward to zoom manually without a viewfinder.  I know it's not for me; shooting through the LCD display makes composition harder and I had quite a bit more handshake holding the camera away from my face.

--- End quote ---

The lack of an eye-level (electronic) viewfinder is a challenge for me - no being able to brace the camera properly.  Hopefully Canon will in due course launch a mirrorless body with an EVF (and hopefully a next gen APS-C sensor).  I have no inclination to buy another camera based around the current 18MP APS-C sensor.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't look at a mirrorless Canon until it has quality EVF. While the little tunnel optical viewfinder on the G-Series is a piece of rubbish, it's still preferable to composing and shooting with the camera at arms length like an iPhone. Errgh. Years ago I had a little Canon S3is P&S with an EVF. As far as EVF's go it was seriously entry level, but I didn't mind it at all.

I'd expect EVF's to mature pretty quickly to a point where they will be preferable to a DSLR optical viewfinder.

-PW

picturesbyme:
the 70-200 looks awesome on it ;)

http://youtu.be/k4nzXeqkpOE Small | Large

kiss-o-matic:
It would be nice to know exactly when the tool in the video started giving out useful information but after watching I'm not sure myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version