September 24, 2014, 12:39:16 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Blinking Red AF Point Information  (Read 15570 times)

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Blinking Red AF Point Information
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2012, 12:09:54 PM »
attn:  bkorcel, I have an offer for you.  How about I trade you a little of my kindness and respect for others for your eyesight?  My sight is failing and I need all the help I can get through the viewfinder.  And one more thought; you might be the answer to all my retirement needs:  I just buy you for what your worth and sell you for what you think your worth....
PLEASE!  If that is a reason to return your MK3 in favor of the 7D then you obviously spent too much money for your ability.  GO ahead and return it or sell it and those of us who use the 5D3 will continue to turn out better pictures with less noise and higher resolution.

At least they should try to make the outline of the focus square box (selected AF point) bolder.  At the current "very thin lines" it is very hard to find against any back ground but white.  I shoot single point most of the time and compared to my 7D the 5DMkIII is a pain in the bippy.  A bolder box should not affect metering unless the bolder lines will emit more light the instant it flashes red when focus is confirmed.

At this point I am considering the return of my MkIII and just go back to my 7D.  Otherwise it is a wonderful camera body.

A classy response to a nasty comment.  Your attacker says you spent too much money for your ability level, but I think what he did was spend too much money for his comfort level, and it is making him hyper-defensive of the camera body to justify the purchase to himself.

+1
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Blinking Red AF Point Information
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2012, 12:09:54 PM »