October 22, 2014, 04:46:00 AM

Author Topic: Hands On with the 6D at Photoplus CPS Lounge  (Read 9098 times)

tome223

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: Hands On with the 6D at Photoplus CPS Lounge
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 12:09:32 PM »
You would think with the holidays coming up, canon would want to get the 6d out for an independent review to select photographers, newspapers, magazines etc so that people like me can decide whether or not to put it on their Christmas list in time for the holiday season...........

Or has it been reviewed and I just missed it?
5d3 --- 60d --- 50mm-f1.8 --- 18-135mm --- 60mm macro --- 70-300is --- 100-400l --- 24-105l --- 17-40l --- 430ex ii

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 12:09:32 PM »

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 12:42:17 PM »
Or has it been reviewed and I just missed it?

Unlike other big manufacturers, Canon obviously doesn't have buddies that get the new gear first in return for favorable reviews - but it's indeed a bit irritation that the 6d is shown but no reviews are permitted. My guess is that the gps/wifi firmware isn't out of beta yet, but that still doesn't explain why no test shots can be taken. Let's hope Canon has nothing to hide, the specs are weak and the price is high enough :-o

sandymandy

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 04:56:55 AM »
Comments like this make me wonder if I would spend so much money on a 6D. I have a 550D (T2i) right now and I really want to go fullframe. I can't justify it to spend more than 2000 euro on a body though. So the 5D3 is out. Switching to the D600 is an option, but I don't want to sell all my Canon gear. So I was at least hoping that the center point was great and the other points were decent. But since they're crap, I'm really having second thoughts...

Im sure they will be better than ur 550D AF points and that they are just crap for people who already own a 5D MKIII or better.

Ryan_W

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 11:06:19 PM »
The pattern detection of the 6d will be as bad as the 550d - non-cross points except for the center one. This is different from low light af performance, and here afaik Canon hasn't released any specs for the outer af points except that they are not as capable as the center one - so only real life reviews might be able to tell us.

Wouldn't the pattern detection benefit from the improved AF system like found in the 5DMkIII? I'm specifically talking about the new multiple AF scenarios and thresholds.

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 12:38:29 AM »
Wouldn't the pattern detection benefit from the improved AF system like found in the 5DMkIII? I'm specifically talking about the new multiple AF scenarios and thresholds.

What exactly are you talking about? Afaik the difference between camera bodies and their af points are a) the size of the latter and b) type: non-cross, "real" cross or "hybrid" like 5d2/6d center. And for the type, it's either possible to focus at venetian blinds without turning the camera or it isn't.

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 01:17:49 AM »
From a specs standpoint without any hands on I would be shocked if the noise wasn't pretty close to the 5dm3. Also the real benefit and maybe the only one to guys like me that already have better cameras is the -3 ev focussing in the dark. Like Neuro has mentioned the 5dm3 is -2 ev, the 6d is -3ev. Wedding receptions may have just gotten easier to shoot in the dark without flash. Still I keep thinking about the 1dm4 more than most cameras just because of its build, price and at some point would replace my 1dm3. It would be smarter from the standpoint of shooting sports too. While I have made the 5dm3 my main sports camera this year as a test I did have to shoot smarter and didn't have the voltage to power the focus speed like a 1d body does. Its hard to beat a 1d for sports. As far as the 1dx is concerned, yea I want it but I can't swallow that i can have 2 - 5dm3's for less.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 01:17:49 AM »