August 30, 2014, 08:25:59 AM

Author Topic: What software do you use for printing DVD covers?  (Read 772 times)

brianleighty

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • Leighty Photography
What software do you use for printing DVD covers?
« on: October 27, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »
So I have a Canon IP4920 printer. It came with a program called Easy Print or something like that for printing inkjet printable DVD-Rs. The problem I continually run into is the colors never match what's on the screen. The one today was so far off that I ended up making it black and white because it was so bad. I looked in to see if the program allowed me to set any sort of printer profiles and it doesn't. I tried using Photoshop again today but as always I had tons of issues with it and ended up getting ink all over the DVD tray. What does everybody use for their DVD covers. We used to write out in sharpie and so obviously what we have now is a step up but it's very frustrating and time consuming the current way we're doing it. Thanks.
Canon 5D Mark II, 50D, XSi, 24-105L IS, Sigma 35 1.4, Canon 40 2.8, Canon 35 2.0, Sigma 10-20, Tamron 17-50, Canon 50 1.8, 580 EXII, 430 EXII

canon rumors FORUM

What software do you use for printing DVD covers?
« on: October 27, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »

Rex Canon Shooter

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: What software do you use for printing DVD covers?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 06:37:47 AM »
I use a Epson printer and the software that came with the printer.  I also do not get accurate colors on the DVDs.  I think its the printable DVDs issue.  I have not found a solution accept to warm up the image and add a bit of magenta to it to balance it out.  My software does not appear to have a way to change the profiles for the printer itself.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: What software do you use for printing DVD covers?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 06:37:47 AM »