July 18, 2018, 10:21:52 PM

Author Topic: website that compares BOKEH for canon lenses  (Read 13825 times)

jdramirez

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
Re: website that compares BOKEH for canon lenses
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 11:14:16 PM »
I have a theory about bokeh and how it relates to the function of the human eye and sexual desire.  So no one steal my wild and crazy idea.

So if I may, when a person sees an attractive person they are sexually interested in, their pupils widen.  I think this is relatively tantamount to a camera lens being wide open on the largest aperture.  Consequently, we place our focus on the subject and the surrounding information is processed by the subconscious.

So when we see a still image with a very pleasing bokeh, it is the image which is conveying to the mind that they are seeing something sexual despite the pupils not dilating.  It is a rough consideration... I'd like to test the theory, but I have no professors I'm on good terms with who would share an interest in the above... Alas.
Upgrade  path.->means the former was sold for the latter.

XS->60D->5d Mkiii:18-55->24-105L:75-300->55-250->70-300->70-200 f4L USM->70-200 f/2.8L USM->70-200 f/2.8L IS Mkii:50 f/1.8->50 f/1.4->100L-> 85mm f/1.8 USM-> 8mm -> 85mm f/1.2L mkii

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 11:14:16 PM »

PackLight

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 11:22:36 PM »
I have a theory about bokeh and how it relates to the function of the human eye and sexual desire.  So no one steal my wild and crazy idea.

So if I may, when a person sees an attractive person they are sexually interested in, their pupils widen.  I think this is relatively tantamount to a camera lens being wide open on the largest aperture.  Consequently, we place our focus on the subject and the surrounding information is processed by the subconscious.

So when we see a still image with a very pleasing bokeh, it is the image which is conveying to the mind that they are seeing something sexual despite the pupils not dilating.  It is a rough consideration... I'd like to test the theory, but I have no professors I'm on good terms with who would share an interest in the above... Alas.
:-\ I thought the creamy bokeh of the 180mm was just the best. What is the implication?

jdramirez

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 12:00:44 AM »

:-\ I thought the creamy bokeh of the 180mm was just the best. What is the implication?

I guess I wasn't clear.  Bokeh's mimic subconscious sexual desire.  And since the iris is perfectly round, people gravitate to lenses which have more blades and again mimic a perfectly round blurring effect. 
Upgrade  path.->means the former was sold for the latter.

XS->60D->5d Mkiii:18-55->24-105L:75-300->55-250->70-300->70-200 f4L USM->70-200 f/2.8L USM->70-200 f/2.8L IS Mkii:50 f/1.8->50 f/1.4->100L-> 85mm f/1.8 USM-> 8mm -> 85mm f/1.2L mkii

DB

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 02:17:11 AM »

I guess I wasn't clear.  Bokeh's mimic subconscious sexual desire.  And since the iris is perfectly round, people gravitate to lenses which have more blades and again mimic a perfectly round blurring effect.

@jdramirez You were crystal clear, in every respect. Perhaps PackLight by name is no coincidence, so if he is packing light, then perhaps the long lens is compensatory, personally I favor the EF 14mm f/2.8  ;)

PackLight

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 07:44:54 AM »

@jdramirez You were crystal clear, in every respect. Perhaps PackLight by name is no coincidence, so if he is packing light, then perhaps the long lens is compensatory, personally I favor the EF 14mm f/2.8  ;)

But the 14mm f/2.8 has very little if any Bokeh at all. With jdramirez's theory you would be gravitating to a lens that would mimic no sexual desire whatsoever. There are many commercials about this problem on late night television.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 07:44:54 AM »