September 17, 2014, 01:53:16 PM

Author Topic: When is the Big Glass going to be available?  (Read 1859 times)

lv2rescue

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
When is the Big Glass going to be available?
« on: October 29, 2012, 09:38:56 PM »
Canon seems to keep coming out with new lenses, but you still can't buy the new 500 mm IS I or II or the 600, or. Seems silly to keep coming up with new lenses when they can't seem to provide the lenses that they already have "on the market" I have a 500 mm ver I and want to upgrade, but I am not even going to think about giving it up until production seems to be on the horizon. Anyone have any feedback or info?

canon rumors FORUM

When is the Big Glass going to be available?
« on: October 29, 2012, 09:38:56 PM »

PackLight

Re: When is the Big Glass going to be available?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 09:54:40 PM »
I see the 500mm popping up in stock every three weeks or so. Just pre-order you will probably get it in less than a month.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 10:03:32 PM »
When did you order it?  Lots of people have them.

WesternGuy

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 09:13:22 PM »
I ordered my 600mm II two months ago and I still have no word on when they are coming to my Canadian dealer.  I would agree with the sentiment about how can they keep coming up with new lenses when they cannot keep up with the demand for some of these that were announced many months ago.  >:(

I wish there was some way we could get some response from Canon themselves, because I tried an e-mail to Canon Canada's Customer Service and was told that they don't have any information on this type of thing and that I should contact my dealer.  I tried to tell them that my dealer did not have any information and I simply got the same old "check with your dealer" response - so much for "Customer Service".  If I wasn't so "locked in" to Canon equipment, I would be looking at Nikon, but then maybe they don't deal any better with these problems - a case of better the devil you know than the one you don't  ::) .

WesternGuy

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 09:20:34 PM »
In stock here. Norman Camera is one of the good dealers, and not impacted by the storm either.
http://www.normancamera.com/index/page/product/product_id/23069/product_name/Canon+EF+500mm+f4L+IS+II+USM

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 09:31:25 PM »
Ordered my 600 II from B&H in late August, received it at the beginning of October. The allotment that covered my order apparently filled all their preorders with some left - it was In Stock on their website for a few hours on the day they prepped my shipment.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 09:31:25 PM »