I am getting serious about upgrading my dual 27” Apple Cinema displays on a new Mac Pro soup can to dual 4k displays.
- Purpose: photoedit (naturally) and book layout in Quark and ID, the usual computer stuff (web, office, db, pp, dreamweaver). No video or gaming.
- I have (and use) a Colormunki spider.
- Size: given the smaller pixels, should the physical size be larger? I used to have 30" displays when they existed, and that was OK.
The top contenders are:
- LG 31MU97-B IPS 31.5” 320 cd/m2 $1200/1400, 99.5% AdobeRGB [review notes that it does not get 4k res on Mac pro].
- ASUS PQ321Q 32” IGZO (TN/IPS?) 350 cd/m2 $1500
- Samsung U32D970Q 32” type? 350 cd/m2 1000:1 S1700. 99.5% Adobe RGB
- NEC PA322UHD IGZO-IPS 32" 350 cd/m2 1000:1 $3K (136.6% sRGB, 99.2% Adobe RGB)
Has anybody seen side-by-side NEC vs the $1.5K crowd displays? What is the difference? Thanks for any insight.