Rumors > Speedlites, Printers, Accessories

Any rumors on updates for the MT-24EX twin macro flash unit?

(1/2) > >>

jauvane:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

First and foremost, thanks for such a superb resource of information! I am about to fork out some cash to get a MT-24EX twin macro flash unit, but given that it has been a while since it was released I was wondering if anyone heard anything about some newer release? Its documentation still talks about the 550EX...

Cheers,

JVc

neuroanatomist:
It's a specialty flash, I expect there's virtually no pressure for Canon to update this.

What would be nice?  A major revamp to an -RT system with wireless flash heads (larger to accomodate batteries, probably meaning a more robust mounting bracket), along with the new locking foot design, silent recycle, etc. but realistically, this has got to be near the bottom on Canon's priority list.

I'd say just get it now.

With which lens(es) do you plan on using it?

jauvane:
That is to be used with an MP-E 65mm f2.8 1-5x Macro Lens, as well as an EF 100mm f2.8L IS USM Macro Lens. The first without a macro flash is quite a pain to use outside of a studio environment. The flash was kind of designed to be used with that lens.

Given the specialty of the flash unit it is pretty much an manufacturer-upgrads-when-they-feel-like-it device, specially. I guess I will just take advantage of the small discount available now :)

victorwol:
It's a great flash. Really Right Stuff makes a wonderful rig for it if you check under the macro category.

DanoPhoto:
It is a fantastic unit, especially for the MP-E 65 lens.  Definitely look at getting the Sto-Fen diffusers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version