December 21, 2014, 01:19:20 PM

Author Topic: Official DXOMark Sensor Score for the EOS-1D X  (Read 22766 times)

Neutral

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Official DXOMark Sensor Score for the EOS-1D X
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2012, 04:27:10 PM »
At that time we'll be doing eye transplants.
These are already available )))
Sensor with special adaptor to connect this sensor to nurve stem.
This allowed to restore vision to totaly blind people
Also brain microchips implants are already availabe - being used to restore some lost brain functionlity.
Problem before was connection of non-organic chip to the organic tissue and provide purmanent electical contact to nurves and it was successfully resolved few years back.

So how has this been working out for the patient?

Here is article regarding artificial eye implants.
http://www.technologyreview.com/news/410884/longer-lasting-artificial-eyes/
So far it is still limited - number of pixels and connectition to the nurves but gives ability to patients to recognize things around.

-----------
Here is another  article regarding neuroprocessor brain implants -  how it works but I think it is not the latest one.  One that I read some time ago and was referencing above - can not find now - the same but with special chip bottom layer which  allows  brain tissue (neurons) to grow into this chip special bottom layer forming electrical contact  between neurons and implant  instead of using titanium electrodes -this  was very interesting article- recent research results from one of the labs - not availabe commercially yet.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Ti8_AY4DykwC&pg=PA2&lpg=PA2&dq=neuroprocessor+brain+implant&source=bl&ots=z-ZnRO_2D6&sig=uP0bxtM_rHkm-wkJbaO4dUF-kk8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=BSiUUK6gOIG3hQe99IGgBg&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=neuroprocessor%20brain%20implant&f=false
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 06:13:43 AM by Neutral »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2012, 04:27:10 PM »

jukka

« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2012, 12:50:08 PM »
If you had a camera that had the DR of the human eye but only shot one frame every 10 minutes at ISO 100 only and was only manual focus...
I've read in a book of a Russian author (not sure if it was translated to English) that human eye has 5-6 stops of DR. And the reason we can see much bigger range of lightness levels is the ability of our eyes to adapt to the rapidly changing environment.

The book's author was a researcher in photography so this statement might be true. Did anyone hear anything like that?

Yes I have that somewhere.

I always was told our eye has a massive DR but not because of the optics but how our brain can dynamically adjust areas of a scene to make blacks brighter and highlights darker. Kinda like dynamic area ISO.

there are  calculations who shows about 24 stops of DR when the eyes and the brain interprets  scanning of a  motive, scene from the blackest  to whitest
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:51:58 PM by jukka »

Canon-F1

« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2012, 01:12:33 PM »
i stick with my 5D MK2 until canon introduces a new improved sensor generation.
a new sensor generation with better LOW ISO performance.

until then the price for new lenses is maybe down too......

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2012, 11:32:25 PM »
there are  calculations who shows about 24 stops of DR when the eyes and the brain interprets  scanning of a  motive, scene from the blackest  to whitest
So there will be a rumor that in the year 2120 Canon sensors will have 23 stops of DR and Nikon 25  ;D
The problem is there will be still arguing whether this is valid because DxO will have downsized the 300 Mpixel Canon and the 500Mpixel Nikon images down to ... 8  ;D

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2012, 03:21:27 AM »
So there will be a rumor that in the year 2120 Canon sensors will have 23 stops of DR and Nikon 25  ;D
The problem is there will be still arguing whether this is valid because DxO will have downsized the 300 Mpixel Canon and the 500Mpixel Nikon images down to ... 8  ;D
You are really rubbing it in aren't you?  ;)

Simply put, the name of my camera company starts with "can" and the "other" "camera" "company" decided to have a name that ends with con - I admit they tweaked the spelling - but it still reads CON!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2012, 03:21:27 AM »