November 23, 2014, 07:21:56 PM

Author Topic: Canon's MAP Pricing Goes Into Full Effect Today  (Read 41648 times)

unfocused

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
Re: Canon's MAP Pricing Goes Into Full Effect Today
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2012, 05:57:42 PM »
It's been less than two weeks since MAP pricing has gone into effect. Here is what I have noticed:

"Real" prices for most items have not changed much. Maybe a few of the high demand items (5DIII) have crept up a bit from the deep discounts some retailers were offering, but for most lenses and bodies, I'm not seeing much difference. What I am seeing is a lot more "can't show" pricing from the major retailers. It's a bit inconvenient, but it doesn't seem to have caused a significant spike in prices for the majority of lenses and bodies.

It seems retailers are anxious to get consumers to open their wallets while the economy remains sluggish and MAP pricing isn't doing much to hinder the competition. In fact, I've seen some real bargains lately (lower prices than before MAP) My take: you can try, but it's pretty hard to stop the marketplace from setting prices.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2012, 05:57:42 PM »

HeavenHell

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2012, 08:40:59 PM »
What happened to the enforcement of MAP?  Seems like there have been Canon lens sales everywhere you look the past few days.  Our retailers allowed to skirt the rules by forcing you to add it to your cart before showing you the price.  NOT that I'm complaining.
Canon T2i, 7D, 5DM3
24-105 f/4L, 70-200 f/4L, 85 f1.8, 100 f/2.8 Macro, 50 f/1.4, 17-55 f/2.8, Tamron 90 f/2.8, 70-300 L

Dylan777

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2012, 09:40:16 PM »
What happened to the enforcement of MAP?  Seems like there have been Canon lens sales everywhere you look the past few days.  Our retailers allowed to skirt the rules by forcing you to add it to your cart before showing you the price.  NOT that I'm complaining.

$2-$300 price drops is good for both buyers and sellers.

I paid $2300 and I do think this lens is worth it ;)
Body: 1DX -- 5D III
Zoom: 16-35L f4 IS -- 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 200L f2 IS -- 400L f2.8 IS II

kubelik

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • a teatray in the sky
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2012, 09:22:46 AM »

if you read what reasonable, non-inflammatory people were posting when Canon announced MAP pricing (even on this exact thread), that's exactly what they stated would happen.

WSMyles

« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2012, 02:36:06 AM »

Leading to an e-cological disaster, as cookie directories, web caches and servers are littered with millions of abandoned shopping carts!  Shame, Canon, Shame!

:)

(This message posted using 100% recycled electrons)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2012, 02:36:06 AM »