Gear Talk > Canon General

EOS-M kicking butt in Japan

(1/8) > >>

unfocused:
BCN Ranking, via Photo Rumors, reports that Canon's EOS-M is in the #3 slot in Mirrorless Camera Sales in Japan for the first nine months of the year. That's pretty incredible considering the camera wasn't even announced until July.

Just goes to show how out of touch many on this forum are. And, I admit, I was (and still am) underwhelmed by the EOS-M. But, once again, Canon proves they knows how to sell them cameras.

RLPhoto:
I like the EOS-M. Its a friendly looking camera with Great IQ.

Mt Spokane Photography:
The camera is aimed at women, and lots of women in Japan are enthusiastic photographers, so I'd expect it to be doing well in Japan.  Its about time that a high end camera was created that takes into account features that women want.

dr croubie:
See my comment on the original PR post. Unfortunately, PRGuy got it wrong, those are the top 10 sales figures for 01-22 October only (and there's always going to be a big rush upon launch).
Still, nice to see that it's doing well (although there's some weird things in there, like the Pentax Q sells well, and the NEX-7 doesn't, and there's no Fuji anything or OM-D in there)

unfocused:

--- Quote from: dr croubie on November 02, 2012, 05:26:53 PM ---See my comment on the original PR post. Unfortunately, PRGuy got it wrong, those are the top 10 sales figures for 01-22 October only (and there's always going to be a big rush upon launch).
Still, nice to see that it's doing well (although there's some weird things in there, like the Pentax Q sells well, and the NEX-7 doesn't, and there's no Fuji anything or OM-D in there)
--- End quote ---

In the immortal words of Emily Litella: "Never Mind." (Although I suppose those are still pretty good numbers and certainly beating Nikon)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version