Gear Talk > Canon General

Canon USA Repair Service Update

(1/3) > >>

Canon Rumors:
Tweet Hurricane Sandy Update for Jamesburg, New Jersey Repair Facility
Thank you for being a valued Canon Professional Services member. Due to the impact of Hurricane Sandy, the Canon USA repair facility in Jamesburg, New Jersey is currently without power and is closed. If you recently sent a product to the Jamesburg facility and wish to check on the repair status, please enter your Canon Repair Number and ZIP Code into the designated fields at the following Canon USA web site address: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer?pageKeyCode=checkRepairStatus Recovery operations are underway and we have been informed by the local utility servicing the Jamesburg facility that power should be restored by November 7. However, due to storm-related delays, normal operations and repair turnaround are not expected to resume until November 16. Until that time, please direct any new repair requests to one of the Canon Repair Facilities below: 1. Newport News, Virginia Canon Factory Service Center 12022 Canon Blvd. Newport News, VA 23606 (Mail-In Service Only) 2. Irvine, California Canon Factory Service Center 15955 Alton Parkway Irvine, CA 92618 (Mail-In and Walk-In Service) When sending in your equipment for repair please ensure the box is marked as CPS Pro Rush Repair to expedite the request. Assistance is also available to CPS members 24×7 via the CPS Member Hot Line at 1-877-CPS-8122 (1-877-277-8122). We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to return to normal operations in New Jersey as soon as possible. Thank you, Canon Professional Services (CPS) Canon U.S.A., Inc. Contact Information for Inquiries CPS Toll free; 1-877-CPS-8122 24 hours 7 days/per week cr

neuroanatomist:

--- Quote from: Mooose on November 02, 2012, 01:01:59 PM ---Jeez.  I'm switching to Nikon.

--- End quote ---

According to the data from Roger Cicala, if you'd sent a lens into Canon's Jamesburg facility just before Sandy, even with the >2 week delay from the storm, you'd still be likely to get it back faster than if you'd sent a Nikon lens to an open Nikon Service Center...and you'd probably have paid less for Canon's service, too...

dstppy:
OKAY! So, where the hurricane made landfall and completely gutted the electrical system will have power 2 days after they estimate CT getting power . . . that's some fine restoration work there, CL&P

(disclaimer: I am a professional Connecticut Light and Power troll as I am on their 51-weeks-of-service-maximum plan . . .  like clockwork)

Nov 7 is DEFINITELY not the worst that I've heard from people, "Thanksgiving" was (LI) :o

gkreis:
Oh no.... I sent in a lens to be repaired and re-calibrated with my 60D.  I got the lens back, but my 60D is stuck there. I had it repaired at the VA facility and they didn't do it right, so I opted to try my luck at NJ. Oh well...  a bag full of lenses and no body.

"No body, knows the trouble I...."  ;-)

Anyone know why Canon requires each item to be shipped separately (both directions?)  If my camera body was in with the lens I got back I would be in business?

Dylan777:

--- Quote from: neuroanatomist on November 02, 2012, 01:18:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mooose on November 02, 2012, 01:01:59 PM ---Jeez.  I'm switching to Nikon.

--- End quote ---

According to the data from Roger Cicala, if you'd sent a lens into Canon's Jamesburg facility just before Sandy, even with the >2 week delay from the storm, you'd still be likely to get it back faster than if you'd sent a Nikon lens to an open Nikon Service Center...and you'd probably have paid less for Canon's service, too...

--- End quote ---

I'm 15mins away from Canon Service Center in Irvine, CA. It was 2days turn around for me to calibrate my old 24-105 & 5D II. Best of all, they did it for FREE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version