December 22, 2014, 12:51:17 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 60D microphone very low?  (Read 709 times)

Koll

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
Canon EOS 60D microphone very low?
« on: November 04, 2012, 04:13:16 PM »
I've owned a Canon EOS 60D for some time and I'm really happy about it. But today when I recorded a movie I could barely hear the sound in the video except for loads of like static noise, white noise or what it's called :)

I tried to reset camera settings and I've checked microphone volume with auto and manual, it's the same problem. Have anyone experienced anything like this? I fear it's a mechanical issue and I don't know if it's worth a repair due to possible costs and even to find anyone who can repair it.

I don't use video much, but it's a shame to have as a negative thing when upgradering the camera someday...

canon rumors FORUM

Canon EOS 60D microphone very low?
« on: November 04, 2012, 04:13:16 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 60D microphone very low?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 04:32:45 PM »
You could try a external mike, but you should really get it fixed. 

Koll

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 05:29:03 PM »
I tried playing with the sound settings and when on Auto I can see if the mic picks up sound when in menu. If I click/snap with my fingers in front of it, it goes all up, so it doesn't seem to be the mic?

When I record something the sound on the video is just bad. I've attached a sample from a video, just the sound. I speak directly to the camera!

Tried 1.1.1 firmware, but why should it help. I just want to be sure I didn't change something I don't know about before considdering how to get it fixed :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 05:29:03 PM »