Gear Talk > Third Party Manufacturers

Nikon Sales Rising

<< < (9/9)

aznable:

--- Quote from: verysimplejason on November 05, 2012, 01:59:56 AM ---Apparently, Nikon sales is rising.

http://www.nikon.com/about/ir/ir_library/result/index.htm

Do we have any figures on Canon's sales?  I know Nikon market share is still below that of Canon but I hope Canon do something with it not only on the marketing side but also on the technology side.

--- End quote ---

how much moneys nikon did in the quarter? canon did over 900 millions usd...nikon in 6 months less than half of moneys with big hit compared with last year results while selling more...maybe they are spending a bit too much in r&d (licensing sensors from sony...lol)

NormanBates:

--- Quote from: neuroanatomist on November 08, 2012, 09:35:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: NormanBates on November 08, 2012, 03:35:14 AM ---Canon's DPP is a joy to use, simple and effective. Nikon's ViewNX is a nightmare that takes ages to update the metadata on an image and crashes more often than any other piece of commercial software I've ever used.

--- End quote ---

IMO, DPP is a joy to use in much the same way that a visit to the dentist for a root canal is a pleasant experience.   :o

DPP's UI reminds me of WordStar (I know, I'm dating myself here).  If ViewNX is worse, that's pretty bad.

--- End quote ---

OK, DPP is not "a joy to use", but it's moderately fast, and it works. ViewNX can't say any of those. Real nightmare stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version