October 01, 2014, 09:07:43 AM

Author Topic: Manfrotto electronic remote control for focusing MVR911ECCN  (Read 1475 times)

wopbv4

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Manfrotto electronic remote control for focusing MVR911ECCN
« on: November 05, 2012, 07:29:11 AM »
Hi,

does anybody have experience with the Manfrotto MVR911ECCN electronic remote?
Although it might be a good idea to use a "tethered" system for focusing, I am worried that the noise of the USM motors will be picked up, even with external microphones?

Furthermore, is the focusing accurate and fast?
1DX, 7D and lots of gear

canon rumors FORUM

Manfrotto electronic remote control for focusing MVR911ECCN
« on: November 05, 2012, 07:29:11 AM »

JasonATL

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Manfrotto electronic remote control for focusing MVR911ECCN
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 07:16:08 AM »
Hi,

does anybody have experience with the Manfrotto MVR911ECCN electronic remote?
Although it might be a good idea to use a "tethered" system for focusing, I am worried that the noise of the USM motors will be picked up, even with external microphones?

Furthermore, is the focusing accurate and fast?

When I considered this remote, I used the Canon software to test to see if the motor noise was audible. Simply tether your camera and use the Canon EOS Utility to adjust focus with the microphones you plan to use. This should tell you whether the USM motors will be audible in your situation. Whether the Manfrotto system is more accurate or faster than the EOS Utility, I do not know.

Axilrod

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 11:49:24 AM »
Yes, my local shop let me play with it for a weekend along with one of their SYMPLA rigs.  I hated the rig, way too heavy.  Now when I first heard the remote was coming out I was really excited and thought I'd buy it for sure.  After playing with it, I thought was cool, but it wouldn't fit on my Redrock Rig so I passed.  It does function very well, but something about the way the focusing looked seemed unnatural.  Either way it has alot of cool features and if you can get it to fit on your setup it's definitely worth trying out.  What are the reviews like?  I'd check them out and see what others have to say.
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 01:48:43 PM »