Rumors > Third Party Manufacturers

Nikon unveils 24.1MP D5200 DSLR with optional WiFi

<< < (14/15) > >>

aznable:

--- Quote from: Aglet on November 07, 2012, 04:16:50 PM ---
My Rebels already sit in a drawer while I take my D5100s all over the place.

--- End quote ---

are you a collector of entry level cameras?

etg9:

--- Quote from: Daniel Flather on November 08, 2012, 11:26:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mt Spokane Photography on November 06, 2012, 11:32:38 AM ---Salesmanship and lower price trumps technical capability every time. 

--- End quote ---

+10 e.g. Mp3 vs. vinyl.

--- End quote ---

No, MP3 destroyed CD's and CD's took out tapes, tapes took out vinyl. The audio quality on tapes was poor but had a much easier time going places, since people don't sit in their house listening to music and would like to take it with them tape won. CD brought back a lot of sound quality from tape and kept most of the durability (could be scratched but wouldn't be eaten by the player).  CD got taken out by MP3 because of an ease of purchasing and better handling (no skipping, no scratching). Being able to sit at home and buy from iTunes or run with your music was another step in the right direction while only giving up nominal sound quality. 

Most people can't tell the diiference between a 256kbps mp3 and a CD, 98% of people can't tell the difference between 320kbps mp3 and a CD, no one can tell the difference between FLAC and CD.

Vinyl is the biggest offender of the bunch and even though it's the hotness in audiophile land these days it's mostly for nostalgia.

Mp3's took out vinyl not because of salesmanship or price (vinyl is cheaper a lot of times than an itunes album if you look around) but because it's a better format for the majority of people as it does what they want it to do.

//audiophile
//I'm sorry, I can't help it.

sagittariansrock:
+1

Unless he wants to say it's salesmanship that still makes some people purchase old vinyls ;)

weekendshooter:

--- Quote from: etg9 on November 12, 2012, 05:03:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: Daniel Flather on November 08, 2012, 11:26:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mt Spokane Photography on November 06, 2012, 11:32:38 AM ---Salesmanship and lower price trumps technical capability every time. 

--- End quote ---

+10 e.g. Mp3 vs. vinyl.

--- End quote ---

No, MP3 destroyed CD's and CD's took out tapes, tapes took out vinyl. The audio quality on tapes was poor but had a much easier time going places, since people don't sit in their house listening to music and would like to take it with them tape won. CD brought back a lot of sound quality from tape and kept most of the durability (could be scratched but wouldn't be eaten by the player).  CD got taken out by MP3 because of an ease of purchasing and better handling (no skipping, no scratching). Being able to sit at home and buy from iTunes or run with your music was another step in the right direction while only giving up nominal sound quality. 

Most people can't tell the diiference between a 256kbps mp3 and a CD, 98% of people can't tell the difference between 320kbps mp3 and a CD, no one can tell the difference between FLAC and CD.

Vinyl is the biggest offender of the bunch and even though it's the hotness in audiophile land these days it's mostly for nostalgia.

Mp3's took out vinyl not because of salesmanship or price (vinyl is cheaper a lot of times than an itunes album if you look around) but because it's a better format for the majority of people as it does what they want it to do.

//audiophile
//I'm sorry, I can't help it.

--- End quote ---

I can most DEFINITELY tell the difference between all of those things. My favorite recordings I own are FLAC rips of vinyl records, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, and many others.

rpt:

--- Quote from: weekendshooter on November 25, 2012, 12:36:41 AM ---My favorite recordings I own are FLAC rips of vinyl records, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, and many others.

--- End quote ---
Oh yes! Rip vilyl! I have ripped lots! Abba, Bay City Rollers, The Beatles, The Bee Gees, Blondie, Boney M, Buddy Holly and many others. 100+ albums in all.

Oops, sorry this is a photography forum. I'll shut up. Besides I don't much care for the Nikon hammer. Quite happy with the Canon one even though it may not have the best sensor and is 2 MP lighter...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version